The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » KIDabra Forum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Hey, Dennis!!

How long is the KIDabra Forum going to be down? Or am I doing something wrong...like logging on with an outdated "Favorite" URL. It hasn't come back for me yet!

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-09-23 08:49, Skip Way wrote:
Hey, Dennis!!

How long is the KIDabra Forum going to be down? Or am I doing something wrong...like logging on with an outdated "Favorite" URL. It hasn't come back for me yet!

Skip
The Forum changed URL's. If you go to the front page and link from there you will see that the new URL is:

http://www.kidabra.org/cgi-bin/DiscussionBBS/YaBB.pl

However - the new forum is giving me problems. I can't view any new posts, or the forums themselves. When I log in all I see is the list of recent topics and when I click on one I am taken to a page with just a header and a footer, but no content. I can see that there are new posts, so obviously not everyone is having this issue, but whatever the problem is I hope Dennis is able to fix it soon.

Dennis- if you want me to take a seceen shot of what it is I see when I log in, etc. let me know.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Forum Withdrawal!!! Arrggggghhhhh! Koff koff!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I just checked in Internet Explorer, and the forum displayed "normally," however in FIrefox there are the same issues I described above. Apparently, you have some code that is not friendly with Firefox on the site. I never use Internet Explorer, so hopefully you will get those issues straightened out soon.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
AHA! Same here, Marv! I use Firefox exclusively. Well, I suppose I'll have to fire up Explorer once or twice a day. I've never run into this situation before with Firefox! Odd that!

Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Hi Guys,

Just got back from camping with the Scouts. Don't have firefox so I don't know what problems you are experiencing.

Love to correct them and a sceen shot may help. I know the pointers for KIDabra.com have not kicked in yet. http://www.KIDabra.org eill get you to the home page and the discussion forum links do work.

Need more information on why fire fox is not recognizing the sections.
Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

OK Guys,
Tell me now if FireFox Works with the KIDabra Forum.

Also Why did you switch from IE to Firefox? What is it that has you so sold on firefox?

Dennis
Dennis Michael
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Dennis, Getting LOTS closer. I still can't view the messages in Firefox but the board is showing up. Not a major issue for me as I still have IE available and can easily check the KIDabra forum using it.

As to why...I personally prefer the Firefox interface to IE and, I understand, there are security issues with IE that Firefox doesn't share. Except for this current issue and downloads from the Microsoft site, I've never had a problem with Firefox reading other sites.

Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Everything seems to be working as far as I can tell - I will let you know if I run in to any other glitches as I browse. Thanks much.

Like Skip, I also switched because of the interface and better security. It seems that many spyware and adware nasties are specifically are targeted at Internet Explorer. I also like Firefox since it is "open-source" and many useful plug-ins and extensions are available.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Skip,

I found out that Firefox is not as "forgiving" as IE. I removed the Recent post bar of the right side and it seems to work now with Firefox.

The other problem was the banner program. It too caused an error in the code after the switch to the new server. So when I removed that, you got to see the boards but could not access them.

Now things should be working OK. Let me know.
Dennis
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers » » KIDabra Forum (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL