The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cards fight me. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Buzz
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Buzz
Hello all, hope someone can help. I purchased the NFW card packet and the Web card packet. I've learned and totally understand both. The web cardswork great. The NFW cards always seem to be a bit tacky (hard to slide )when doing the Elmsley. They seem to want to cling together. I purchased a second set, thinking that there must be somethig wrong with the first. Again same thing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks,Buzz
Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
It`s hard to help you, without revealing the method of the trick here. Anyway, are all cards sticking together? Or just the one with d*********d t**e on it?
Buzz
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Buzz
Hello,No actually the card with that on it,isn't giving me the probs. The reg cards are.When attempting the Elmsley ,the 2nd and 3rd down are extremly hard to slide the move to the right. At first they grip together fine,then they jerk( brake away from each other . Very hard to keep them together until completly in R,H. As I said before,it seems like they have a tacky feel when together.Almost like a grip that lets go. Even on the new set I purchased. ?? I can't figure it out. Thanks.Buzz
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
It sometimes happens that when making gaffed sets like NFW you can get some of the 'stuff' on the other cards. This is not good. You might try to gently wipe off the cards with the stickiness. Another thing I have used is a little, tiny bit of baby powder on the sticky parts to try an negate the problem. Once on you can wipe off with a soft clothe until you no longer see the white of the powder. You can test on a very small patch to see what happens. Do NOT use fanning powder! Although it might seem a good idea, but I advise against it. If it gets on the gaff your trick will be useless. Best,
Brad Burt
Buzz
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Buzz
Brad,thanks for the suggestions. I have done as you have sugg. It seems to be working a little better. Thanks for the advise on not using the fanning powder,as that was going to be my next step. I'm beginning to see that I also must be at most of the problem. By evenly paceing myself,it seems to make a slight diffence. Off ,to practice some more,Thanks,Buzz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Cards fight me. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL