The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Clickable smiles are permanently unavailable ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
After searching 'Clickable smiles' it seems that they've been away forever!

There's obviously a bandwidth issue so why not give up and just provide a link to 'clickable smileys' Smile http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/smileys

I suppose each user having their (6?) most popular smileys is out of the question?

Best, Mike
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
They're gone? Smile What am I going to do? Smile

Actually, they're still here Smile

Under "Options" there is a check box titled "Disable Smilies on this Post" If you look carefully you'll notice the word "Smilies" is a clickable link that takes you to a menu of available smilies.

Smile! It's Friday! Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Cheers Dave,

I was really commenting on the fact that
'Clickable smiles are temporarily unavailable.' appears under the post a reply section.
The link opens the FAQ section which is presumably larger than a smileys only window.

Enjoy your weekend. Smile
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Yeah, it's not my call and I know Gene's busy. Making a dedicated smileys page is probably pretty low on the priority list. Shouldn't take much though, just some copy/paste work on a piece of the FAQ page.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Dave-

thanks for thte heads up on the fact that "smilies" in options is clickable! I have been looking for how to put smilies other than Smile in to my posts which is a little broring compared with say Smile or even (the other one I like) .... Smile

Thanks again!

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Clickable smiles are permanently unavailable ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL