The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Time to enter the fray... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Hello everyone,

I have lurked here for over a year, and spent several hundred hours (truly) reading the forum. I joined around six months ago, mainly to use the search function.

But it's time to come out into the open.

I am not yet a magician. I don't know that I ever will be one. It is difficult to imagine ever performing for anyone. But then again, I have played music my entire life, and only started playing for money about three years ago. You hit forty and either have a midlife crisis or get busy doing new things.

I choose to do new things.

My interest in magic comes VERY indirectly. I have a thing about playing cards. Maybe some day I'll say more about how and why, but to introduce myself it is enough to say I have a thing about playing cards. Over the years it has become more and more difficult to explain why I keep buying cards when I already have so many. If I were a collector who simply bought one example of each deck, I wouldn't have much to explain. "I'm a collector," I would say. But why do I need two dozen packs of circle back Tally Ho's? Because I have a problem, that's why.

So about a year ago I decided I should learn to DO SOMETHING with the cards. I bought Royal Road and Expert Card Technique and Erdnase. But I became hooked, and soon bought Bobo and then Mark Wilson and just ordered the entire Card College last night.

So, I'm not (yet) a magician, and don't know if I ever will become one. But after lurking here a year I have about a thousand questions I'd like to finally ask, and thought it time to enter the fray.

Except it's not much of a fray, usually. You're such NICE people, you magicians.

My name is Jeff Stone. I'm 43. I live in Goettingen, Germany. I'm a banjo player, and a HUGE fan of Bill Palmer, who I knew of well before I knew anything about magic.

Other than that I'm not sure what to say.

Jeff Stone
Goettingen
munkywrench
View Profile
Loyal user
Conway, SC
298 Posts

Profile of munkywrench
Welcome. I myself have OCD when it comes to magic, mainly cards and close up. I can't get enough. Enjoy.
Family Biz. https://www.facebook.com/dreamweaverconway/
Disciple of the Close-Up Kinda Guy PH.
Balloon Blast Video Show junkie.
Supporter of http://www.myrtlebeachmagician.com/
Retired Demo Dude
IBM #334 supporter
MagiCanada
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
140 Posts

Profile of MagiCanada
Guten Tag Jeff. Welcome to the Café!
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Hi Jeff,
Welcome to the Café! Good luck with your progress.
Mike T
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Mike T
Nice intro, welcome to the Café Jeff
It's times like this I wish I'd listened to what my Grandad used to say...
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Welcome to the Café! It's good to see you here, my friend! By the way, I may be able to mail you some Tally-Ho boxes separately for you when we get some more!
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

And Jeff...nice to see you remember your customers.

Jeff Stone
Goettingen
magicleo
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicleo
Magicians have a lot of fun doing what we do best.
Welcome to the Café!
-Greg
nikyas
View Profile
Loyal user
Kuala Lumpur
207 Posts

Profile of nikyas
Hi Jeff! Welcome to the Café. You are very much same like me! I've been lurking aroung the Café for a couple of months before deciding to introduce myself. I've love to read most of the threads here. They are certainly helpful and funny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Time to enter the fray... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL