The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Stand up Surrounded no surface, drink and hors de overes in hand » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Hello Paul, thanks for visiting the Café.

I have recently begun performing walk around magic after a long layoff.

I have discovered that most of the better card routines I know are unfortunately impossible to perform in some walk around situations.

Last night it was so loud that I resorted to writing my instructions on 3x5 cue cards. People thought this was actually kind of funny.

It's a shame that I can't show people a lot of the better things that I can do in these situations.

What card effects would you perform under the following conditions- no working surface, spectator's hands full, loud music crowded etc.

I was able to get through Bannon's TT&A with much success-

Thanks- Mark
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
R P Wilson
View Profile
V.I.P.
235 Posts

Profile of R P Wilson
I do Ricochet a lot, using the hankerchief as a stage (this is ALWAYS my preferred way to do the trick). It's easy to understand even if it's noisy.

I then do a coins thru hankerchief, which is very strong and visual.

I do ring on/off stick too - big reactions on that.

The card trick I used a lot was Steve Hamilton's In The Hands Wild Card. It's one of the best packet tricks ever invented but is currently out of print. If you can find an old file of Profile Magazine, you can probably learn it there.

For walk around, I also did a card under foot transposition - another great trick no one does any more.

Pat Page used to carry a magic book - his props were inside in holes cut into the pages. He used the book as a table, having spectators hold it for him and he ended with Chop Cup! Pat's one of the greatest living magicians and a wonderful guy and I go out of my way to spend time with him.

P
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Thanks for the great responses. Smile
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The December 2006 entrée: R P Wilson » » Stand up Surrounded no surface, drink and hors de overes in hand » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL