The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » TV Appearance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Here is a video of a television appearance I did today.

http://kdka.com/video/?id=23229@kdka.dayport.com
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Any and all feedback is appreciated.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Good job on the magic, David! You are obviously an experienced performer.

And you handled the situation well with the interviewer asking over and over again if your were going to reveal your tricks. God bless 'im, he needs to go back to interviewer school.

My only question: Do you have any music with a little faster tempo?
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
You Go Dave !!
Your television persona is top notch. Don't be revealing too many secrets at your workshops, I'm tired of people saying "I know that one".
You did a fine job!!! It was nice seeing you and your girlfriend at the restaurant.
David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Thanks Guys
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi David:

Very nice - you have a real likeable on-stage personality. I enjoyed the performance - it was short and sweet.

On the Bunny Box, I'm wondering if you can perform it in your hands so that the audience doesn't think the rabbit comes out of your table. If it's not too awkward, I think it would be worth a try as it would make the effect that much stronger. Even if you decide to keep the box on the table, perhaps a little look to the audience as if to say, "Nope. Nothing coming from the table. No trap doors there," would help.

Anyway, that's my little suggestion on a very nice performance. Thanks for sharing this.

Ron
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Quote:
On 2006-12-26 19:58, Ron Reid wrote:
Hi David:

Very nice - you have a real likeable on-stage personality. I enjoyed the performance - it was short and sweet.

On the Bunny Box, I'm wondering if you can perform it in your hands so that the audience doesn't think the rabbit comes out of your table.

Ron

Ron,
Nice idea. I think a simple tabletop on a tripod base would also work.
dlcmagic
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of dlcmagic
Any tips, opinions are appreciated
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
My suggestion would be to get a copy video of that tv appearance video file, and then place it on your website. The tv station's link will probably expire soon, so you better nab it before then! Smile You will also then be able to edit it as you see fit.
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
I like it, but in my opinion, the music you picked doesn´t help. It tired me. Other than that, very good job!
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » TV Appearance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL