The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Permit?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martinjmac
View Profile
New user
Georgia
35 Posts

Profile of martinjmac
Do you need a permit to be a street performer??

Thanks
-Martin-
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
You need to check locally. Most such requirements are city ordinances, and will vary from town to town. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Dave
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
In Santa Monica, you need to pay $35 per year to perform on the street.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
It depends on the Pitch Martin. A call to the local city hall will give you the deal. Another way is to just ask a performer who is working where you want to go.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Lets see I sent $25 for a 3 day permit to the city of New York almost a year ago. The check was cashed and the dates have passed and I have yet to get any response from the city. Smile Smile

I went to check with the city of Philli. noone has any clue of what I am talking about! 'No, begging is against the law...' Is the best I could get out of them. Smile Smile

Ask the other street performers by you, and go with the flow.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I was in San Francisco a while back, and I sat and watched a couple of street performers (musicians) down by Union Square.

After they were finished, I went over and talked with one, and he told me that, while a permit was required, your success will still depend on whether or not the local businesses see you as a draw or a nuisance. If you cannot amalgamate with the local ebbs and flows, and maintain harmony with the other performers, than your permit is useless, and the cops will not honor it either(believe it or not even San Francisco has a community standard--at least in this area.)

Just a word I got from what I know was the real thing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Permit?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL