The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Alternative to Flushtration Count? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
I love performing John Bannon's Stranger's Gallery. The routine is so well structured and the climax is really jaw dropping. However during the Flushtration Count sometimes my audience can figure out I'm not showing all faces (I think the count is much more deceptive when showing backs than fronts). I believe I'm handling the count quite smoothly without drawing much attention to the cards themselves, but some challenging spectators will always try to figure out "things", and I've found the Flushtration Count a relatively weak part of the routine.

Overall it doesn't affect the routine since the trick hasn't really begun at that point, and after the trick they'll usually forget about the flaw. However I'm wondering if there are other alternatives to show the cards other than using Flushtration Count?
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Jean Pierre Vallarino's "Rhumba Count" is a nice alternative. Vallarino demonstrates this in an underground video from years back but I also believe Daryl Martinez explains it in his Encyclopedic series.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
I am reluctant to post since I do not know the effect you refer to, however; bro johns use of the flushtration count in his version of the homing card is done rather quickly and almost tongue in cheek and just as quickly shows the cards to be different. done near the end of the routine in a "...some people think I use five jacks, but I don't...".

dug
Deckless Wonder
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
You could look into the Yves Doumergue's "Orion Count"....taught on/in Dan Garrett's "2002 The Last Palindrome" lecture notes. I have read elsewhere that it is also taught by Reed McClintock on the "McClintock Twist". great, great flourish and discussed in detail via the search engine...... JPV
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Lennart Green's Swede's Deal.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
One of the best is Lenart Greens Sweed count
if you are not familar with this count pm me I will send a demo it is a beautiful count..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
The Swede's Deal count is a great looking count, but I've always stuck with the traditional flustration count. Never had a problem with the flustration, but then I am not familiar with the routine you have referred to so I might be missing something.
erlandish
View Profile
Inner circle
Vancouver, Canada
1254 Posts

Profile of erlandish
I can't remember if this is the correct name for it or not, but if you can get the card in position, the diminishing lift sequence isn't bad, and you can finish it with Daryl's Mexican Turnover Top Change Second Deal (the move's easier to do than the name is to type). He teaches it on a few different DVDs.
The Jester Extraordinaire : bderland.com
Ye Olde Magick Blogge : erlandish.blogspot.com
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Yes the Orion Count is a very pretty display.
KLG
View Profile
Veteran user
Hong Kong
348 Posts

Profile of KLG
Thanks everyone! Especially for Vinny's video demo. The Sweed Count looks very good. I've also checked the demo video of McClintock Twist. The Orion Count looks cool, but is a bit too flourishy for my style.

Thanks again. I've learned so much from you guys all these months.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2007-01-09 22:47, vinsmagic wrote:
One of the best is Lenart Greens Sweed count
if you are not familar with this count pm me I will send a demo it is a beautiful count..
vinny
The Swede count is sweet, check it out!!...Thanx Godfather!
Cardamagically,
<<<KRazy4KaRdZ>>> Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Richard71
View Profile
New user
Cheshire, UK
54 Posts

Profile of Richard71
Daryl has some good alternatives on his Full Monte DVD, the elaborately titled "mexican turn over top change second deal"-it's easier that the title suggests!

Rich
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
Godfather..thanks for the link to the demo......... Looks fantastic........... JPV
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Boris Wild's "Kiss Count" is a fantastic alternative to a flushtration count. It can be found in some of his lecture notes. You can by them on Lybrary.com.

The Rhumba Count is also great. But most of the time, if I don't have a table, I'll just stick to the good old Flushtration Count which seems to work well on most occasions.

I believe that Peter Duffie wrote that he thinks the Flushtration Count looks best with blank cards or backs. He may have a point there.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Rudy
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland
360 Posts

Profile of Rudy
Thanks Vinny for the demo of Lenart Greens Sweed Count. I like it.

Rudy
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Yes I know this thread is eight years old but what a resource! I've been messing about with Daryl's Presto Printo and it requires a Flustration Count. Every once in a while the cards will stick a bit and expose what shouldn't be. A quick search ere and I see a great solution: the Rhumba Count. This count actually looks a LOT better for this routine than a Flushtration.

Thank you scholars!!
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
Eddie Tayelbaum's Flustered count, to be found in Apocalypse, is also a very good alternative.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On May 20, 2017, Ferry Gerats wrote:
Eddie Tayelbaum's Flustered count, to be found in Apocalypse, is also a very good alternative.

Hey Ferry,
Now I am embarrassed because I am an avowed Apocalypse junkie and I didn't know that was in there. Thank you my friend! I'll look it up! Smile

Best,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Alternative to Flushtration Count? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL