The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Max Gordon's 'It's Pizza Time!' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GhostSurfer
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of GhostSurfer
Max Gordon's 'It's Pizza Time!' is a solid, no-nonsense Mental effect. The props supplied work, and work well. It's a very, very clever idea.

With a little thought, the gimmicks' m.o could be applied to a more intimate, close-up type performance, using just a small travel clock. And no pizza...

Overall, highly recommended. In fact, Max, please stop making them...

The full Ad. can be found here... (scroll down the page)

GS
Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of dusty
Thanks GS. I appreciate the comments.

You are correct the method could work with smaller props. An idea that was discussed with Trevor McCombie (prof Arcane)in a bizarre/story magic context was to use an "antique" clock with a crack in the face. (not shown during the story) when the tale ends the clock they have been holding is shown to have stopped at the correct time. yes this needs work but might suit some.

January sale offer still applies!

Max Gordon
aka Dusty
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.
"Always give 100%, Unless you're a blood donor!"

Exclusive publications available from:

www.solutions.yolasite.com
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1608 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I just received It's Pizza Time and overall I like the effect. I can see where it will play well for any type audience. My only objection is that for the price ($175.00,I paid a whole lot less) Max should have included the little extra special gimmick needed. It is not an expensive item (usually $12-15.00)to include but when one purchases an effect one should not have to purchase another effect in order to make the routine work. I had the added extra effect needed for this and it is a minor gripe but I think a legitimate one. After all one does not buy a car then have to buy the battery to make the car start. As I say it is a minor gripe and overall the effect is solid and useful. I would give it a 7 out of 10. It would have gotten an 8 or 9 if it included the extra gimmick. I sometimes see this on E-Bay for a starting price of $50.00

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Max Gordon's 'It's Pizza Time!' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL