The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Larry Becker Standing Ovation Video - A review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
First of all let me tell you this:
If you are into mentlaism BUY THIS!, just by there is some pletny good stuff here:

*Tri-Coinetic: Three envelopes each contain a different coin. An audience member names what coin he thinks is in each sealed envelope. When the envelopes are opened the named coins are dumped out.

An old mentalist wepon used in this one with a great presentation.

*Visual Aid: A spectator holds a twenty-dollar bill while you read their mind and write down the serial number of the borrowed bill.

Very good, another version for the serial number thing.

Phantasm Supreme: An audience member thinks of one of nine celebrities pictured on a board. A previously sealed wallet is opened to show an electronic voice recorder. When the spectator presses the play button the voice names the thought of celebrity.

Very, very, very good. The double talk on this will fool even you!

Here, There & Everywhere: A thought-of card is removed from the deck, signed and sealed in an envelope. A second spectator selects a card from the deck. The selected card changes into a joker, the second spectator's card is in the sealed envelope and the original signed selection is found in the zippered compartment of your wallet.

Not he kind of sutff that I perform, but very good indeed.

Some Total-Stage: An envelope containing a prediction is handed to a spectator prior to the show. Spectators each name a one-digit number. The six digits are written on a board. The prediction envelope contains a series of four five-digit numbers. The numbers are written on a board, added together and the total matches the random numbers yelled out by the audience.

This one is worth the price of the video, If you're a mentalist for some time you've step across the principle behind it, but larrys presantion is simply the best I've seen for this. This one went directly from the video to my corporate show.

Russian Roulette: Larry Becker's world-renown Russian Roulette routine where he risks his life by allowing one of three guns to be fired toward his head. One of the pistols is empty the others are loaded. (Performance only—not suitable for children).
Very good,the same effect from his video of Steven's magic. LArry does not explain this and it shoul remain unexpleined, afterall this is dangerous, and only for the pros.

In conclusion, if don't have this one and work with mentalism go get it right now!

Come on go!

Why are you reading this, you should have alredy bought this item by this time.
Outlawz_311
View Profile
New user
Minesotta
92 Posts

Profile of Outlawz_311
Thanks for review Thiago, I just added this video on my wish list. This is the kind of tricks I like since I work in a bar and talk to a lot of people. I'm not really fond on using a lot of gimmicks, although some of them are very good (ITR for example).

I can't wait till I get my 7 Deception book, it should be here by tommorow Smile I also ordered Threshold and Ultimate 3 Card Monte, so that'll keep me busy for a while.

By the way does the video come on DVD format?
"Ashtonishment is our state of mind" - Paul Harris
www.STGmastaz.150m.com
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Hi Outlawz
I just ordered & Deceptions yesterday from the States(I'm in the UK) Let's know what you think when youv'e given it the once-over.I also ordered Kolossal Killer , have you got that and what you're opinion if you have .
cheers
Howard Smile
Outlawz_311
View Profile
New user
Minesotta
92 Posts

Profile of Outlawz_311
Quote:
On 2003-01-12 17:03, hkwiles wrote:
Hi Outlawz
I just ordered & Deceptions yesterday from the States(I'm in the UK) Let's know what you think when youv'e given it the once-over.I also ordered Kolossal Killer , have you got that and what you're opinion if you have .
cheers
Howard Smile

& Deceptios? Smile Just kidding bro I know what you mean. I'll let you know as soon as I get mine tommorow and no I'm getting Deep Ashotnishment and Kolosal Killer my next purchase.
"Ashtonishment is our state of mind" - Paul Harris
www.STGmastaz.150m.com
thiago
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
179 Posts

Profile of thiago
For those of you who are interested:
Kolossal Killer is fully explained in Larry Becker's Mental Masterpices and yes both MM and Standing ovation are available on DVD, you can them at http://www.hocus-pocus.com
psychic
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of psychic
If I may add a point; most of the effects u get can also be obtained from his recent released wonderful book, Stunners Plus!
All I can say is this book is a must-get!
DaFrog
View Profile
New user
FRANCE
8 Posts

Profile of DaFrog
The Stunners book (either the original version or the recent "plus" version) is fantastic, but I also thoroughly enjoyed seeing some of the effects performed by Larry himself (who doesn't come to France that often) on this video.

If you like the video, buy the book, if you liked the book and haven't had any opportunity to see Larry perform, buy the video!

Sylvain.
sifo
View Profile
New user
brazil
36 Posts

Profile of sifo
Some Total-Stage: this effect is excellent,just because of this is worth to buy the video.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Larry Becker Standing Ovation Video - A review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL