The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » Aces & Silk Chambers By Arlen Studio » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Each time I visit with Keith at Arlen Studio's I am more and more amazed at both his approach to creating magical apparatus, and his dedication to making a prop that screams quality. A rarity in todays world of magic products.

A couple weeks back Keith hooked me up with one of his pride and joys, and asked that I give him my opinion. What follows is how I see it. Smile

Aces & Silk Chambers By Arlen Studio
--------------------oOo--------------------

Effect & description: Two clear tubes are shown to contain two colored silks. One red and one green. Each tube has a wood bottom as well as a wood ball top that fits down snugly into the tube part way. This is to show the audience that the silks are not easily gotten at. The on-looker is asked to select a tube containing one of the silks. Let's say the tube containing the green silk is selected. The green silk is removed from its tube and used to cover the tube containing the red silk. The performer then pulls both pockets inside out to show them empty then puts them right side in again. Four aces are then shown and placed in the performers trousers pocket. After a magical pass or gesture over the silk covered tube, the green silk is removed from over the tube containing the red silk only to find that the red silk has changed into the four aces placed in the performers pocket just moments earlier. The performer reaches into their pocket and removes the red silk. The pockets are once again turned inside out to show them empty. The performer fixes his attire and takes a much deserved bow.
---------------------------------------

First, this is a great effect, both deceptive and entertaining.
The design and quality of the props invite audience interest, while the various items used add enough mystery to keep your audience scratching their heads for some time to come. I liked it the first time I saw Keith do a demo. Smile

The directions provided serve their purpose well, allowing you to dive right into creating a routine that is you.
The effect is almost self-working, with a minimum of skill required from the performer.

As I stated earlier, the props are very well made, and Keith spent a great deal of time in their design. The items provided look old and interesting, as opposed to some cheesey brightly colored box with chinese characters all over. You won't be disappointed.

I believe this effect would play well for performers who do a lot of living room type magic, and is a breeze to set-up.
Further, one could easily have these sitting on a shelf or in a curio cabinet, ready to perform when curious guests come to visit. In addition, for collectors, this is a must have item. Smile

The chambers are recommended for the performer planning to do a lot of traveling shows as they are less delicate than the Flutes. The Flutes are a more collectible Limited Edition version in fancy long stemmed glass flutes. Same illusion, but are more delicate than the chambers. Both have their advantages, thus both styles are offered.
Very cool, I like. Recommended. Smile

------------------------------------------

My rating:

Available from your favorite dealer, or directly from Arlen Studio.
Suggested retail: Chambers $80.00 / Flutes $100.00

Arlen Studio
P.O.Box 991712 Redding, Ca. 96099-1712
Phone/Fax: (530)221-7324

You can also contact Keith Arlen directly at: arlen@c-zone.net
To visit the Arlen Studio site: Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Accessories » » Aces & Silk Chambers By Arlen Studio » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL