The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » New Posts not working (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
After I am on the Café website and click on a couple of the topics that have red cups then they all go to white even though I haven't read them yet. Also, if I am not on for a day or two the cups will only be read for the current day and all unread ones will be white. Is there a setting to change this?
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Today, my cups are not changing from white to red.
I tried logging off, deleting cookies and temporary files, closing IE and restarting a Café session.
Still staying white.

First time this has happened for me.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The operative word here is IE. For some reason, the cups always have a problem with IE. Soemtimes it runs fine for a long time, other times it's an everyday occurance. I have a few forums that never show red cups but there are always new posts. Other forums work just fine.
Where the magic begins
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I just had my cups stuck on all white. This is the first time it's happened to me in about four years. Clearing the one cookie in IE is all it took to get things back to normal again. Of course since I cleared all memory of what I've read, it no longer knew what was "new" so I had to wait a while before I started seeing red cups again.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Ok, I tried to delete all of my cookies and it still won't work. It did show the cups as being red right after I deleted the cookies, but as soon as I logged on they all turned white again.

Any suggestions?
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I have had a similar situation with Netscape in that I will sometimes click on a forum with a red cup and the cups inside the forum are all white. When this happens, I just go through the postings with that day's date on them in the replies and scroll down until I see new postings on a particular message. It's a bit of a hassle, but it works.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » New Posts not working (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL