The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Jason Randall Magician on Letterman Tonight ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Jason Randall will be appearing on David Letterman tonight he should be comming out in a bout 15 minutes Midnight Eastern time . I was going through the channels & checked information . Guest are Bruce willis & Jason Randall I beleive this is a new episode & not a repeat .
Tophatter
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
100$ bill switch

hot rod

Haunted deck

on national TV

the guy is a genius!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2015 Posts

Profile of Platt
I saw it. Never heard of him before. Clearly Letterman likes him as a person and was going very easy on him. I can't give him any props for creativity. But he's been on Letterman like five times. He's doing something right.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
frenchmagi
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of frenchmagi
Quote:
On 2007-04-13 03:40, gaddy wrote:
100$ bill switch

hot rod

Haunted deck

on national TV

the guy is a genius!

I agree. It really goes to show how much luck is involved in getting a break into the mainstream. I mean, with all the better magicians out there, he could have just filmed the show from the local magic shop.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I saw him on the Letterman show last night. With the $100 dollar bill switch, after the trick was over the camera focused on the table where he was getting the next trick. I thought I saw a flash there with the bill.
Magic is a vanishing art.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Edh , what you did see was him dumping the thumb tip into the black coffee mug . I don't think the audience caught that just us magicians . I think the haunted deck would have played better on the table then in his hands either way the audience liked it.
Tophatter
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Letterman has him on quite frequently.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Yes letterman does have him on a lot & it seems always on lettermans birthday April 12th hmm........
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I agree about the camera cut-away. It was a weird shot -- it was as if they were actually trying to burn him on TV.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
True bugjack. I would think that they would know better than that. It does seem like they were trying to catch him out right. I don't understand why they would do that.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Maybe the Tv crew thought the trick was not over yet continuous shot thinking he would do another trick . Remember the Tv crew has no idea he is going to dump after the bill change only we see it with our xray vision. I think they kept the camera close cause he is performing close up magic just a thought here.
Tops
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
It was like an insert shot -- they punched in to a close-up of his hand doing the dump right after the trick. They could have kept it in a wider shot but they chose to go in close just at that moment...
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Yeh weird how they did that ??
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
You would think that Jason would have asked them not to take closeups of certain areas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Jason Randall Magician on Letterman Tonight ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL