The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Card in the eyes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

buckbru
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of buckbru
Does anyone have info on a trick that Penn and Teller did with eye inserts.Teller would take off his sunglasses and his eyes would have the selected card printed on them.He could pull them out and they were like a platic insert .Any info would be appreciated
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
Indiana -- Anyone w/ no life would have
563 Posts

Profile of Chris Henderson
Penn & Teller's book Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends discusses this effect called "The Scleral Shells" and goes into detail on how they did it. They first did it on the Today Show for Jane Pauley back in the 1980s.
"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief"

--Gerry Spence
buckbru
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of buckbru
I watched them pull out the inserts on a talk show .I was just curious if magic stores sell these or if they have to be made by an optomitrist custom fit for your eyes.
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-04-27 17:17, buckbru wrote:
...or if they have to be made by an optomitrist custom fit for your eyes.

Bingo! Smile

I wouldn't want to put anything on my eyes that may have been made by God-Only-Knows-Who in God-Only-Knows-Where under God-Only-Knows-What conditions. Go with a pro when messing around with your eyes.

But you can always check places like this and see if they can customize something for you.

--Gerry Spence
Chris Henderson
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Apparently, all contact lens sales in the U.S. require a prescription, even the type listed in the above link. So unless your local Magic Shop is also an Optometrist Office, this trick is going to take some extra effort! Smile

--Gerry Spence
buckbru
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of buckbru
Thanks for the info.
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
This was talked about in another post a few months ago. Try doing a search. I had white contacts and ones with flames back in high school that I purchased online without a perscription needed. The site that I bought them from also had a 7 of spades or something like that. I wish I could remember the site name?!?!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Card in the eyes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL