The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Rubber Management (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
How do you manage your rubberbands in a table-hopping environment.

From time to time ,I like to leave tables with a couple rubberbands to "practice" CMH after I leave.

What is the best way to keep your rubberbands from getting all mixed up

... and stuff?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Hey Frank,
Have you seen Jon Allen's "Spectator's Don't Exist" video? He has a great CMH routine with multiple bands around his wrist and allows the spectator to slip one band off, then he magically removes one as if penetrating his wrist....Then he goes into his CMH routine.

You need multiple bands for the illusion to make it look good, thus the need for a few rubber bands (around your wrist) with easy access instead of them getting tangled in the pockets. You can give them away and still have enough to do your routine over.

Obviously you don't want too many on your wrist, but enough to do a few sets then get re-stocked from your close up case.
(Great video, one of my favorites.)

David Paul
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I have done that before. I don't know why it did not occur to me now. Perhaps becuase I wear a suit jacket.

I like the wrist/restock idea with some bands.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Jack Bryce
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh UK
130 Posts

Profile of Jack Bryce
Hi Frank,

I've always carried my bands on my wrist, whether I am at a paid gig or just out with friends for a few beers.

As I am sure we all do, I love to do magic for anyone anywhere at any time, but I wouldn't just bring out a deck of cards and start to show some tricks, in case I am accused of being the magic bore!!

Having bands on your wrist sometimes provokes a talking point....Hey what's it with those rubber bands on your wrist! Cue a CMH routine and hopefully they will ask to see more....Smile
http://www.jackbrycemagic.co.uk

I never forget a face but in your case I will gladly make an exception...Groucho Marx
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I don't like to wear them on my wrist because I always try and remove all "items of false explination" ie. "he hid the other card under the rubber bands on his wrist!" when in reality I had just executed a pass. I have been told that I hid a half dollar under my wedding band before Smile so I try to remove all that. Try keeping a ziplock baggie full of rubber bands in your coat pocket, immediately after performing CMH, melt the two rubber bands together to become only one. Tell them you don't know yet how to seperate them (now pull out the baggie and say) "that's why I carry so darn many" give them the one you finished with plus any other and remove 2 more for your next set. Smile It kills then and they have a sue-vig-neer. Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
I usually open in one of two ways:

1) With a coin palmed, I crouch down an mimic picking up a coin off the floor and ask if anyone dropped it. And without identifying myself as the house magician, I do a vanish and reappearane of the coin, ending with a production of a jumbo coin. It fits the criteria of a good opener - quick, flashy, demonstration of skill and it eliminates the need to ask if they want to see a trick.

2) Other times I'll stroll with a deck of cards and do a spring flourish near a group/table I'm consdering approaching. This no doubt turns their heads. (You also get a good read if they're interested in seeing more or if they are genuinely busy.) I'll usually follow up with a Two-Card Transposition, saying, "If you thought that was good, wait until you see this!"
Gruff
View Profile
New user
UK
9 Posts

Profile of Gruff
I usually keep them in a little mints tin in my pocket, with a wad of wax stuck to it, so that from a card routine i can go into Ammar's card on ceiling, followed by a band routine.

You can also do a neat vanish of the tin using basic sleight of hand, thus adding to the effect.

It doesn't take up much room in your pocket and keeps the bands nicely tidy too

Gruff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Rubber Management (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL