The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magic Effect I won't do (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
That was beautiful Pop. It seems to me there is a perfect sense of timing and in all your performances.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2015, Dick Oslund wrote:
Hey! I first saw Harry Blackstone (pere) do the 6CR 70 years ago. (He used the "glide". --"efficient" but, not that "graceful"!) The dealers always knew where Harry had just finished performing. --By the orders for 6CR, and CLIPPO.

Once again, you have made the point! --The PERFORMER is more important than the PROP! Or, "It aint WHAT ya do, it's HOW ya do it!"

Tommy Tucker must be smiling! "Senator" Crandall, ditto.

Many years ago, Jay Marshall and I were standing in the wings watching De Yip Loo do the KUMA tubes. Jay, with a tear in his eye, said, "Loo is the absolute master of that! NO ONE ELSE should be ALLOWED to present the KUMA tubes!" I had wet eyes, too.

IMO, no one else (with the possible exception of Mike Finney) should be ALLOWED to do the 6CR!

OOOOOOOOOPS!

i INADVERTENTLY -- and ACCIDENTALLY! FORGOT TO MENTION POP HAYDN'S 6 CARD REPEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pop and I have never met, but, I know a bit of how he thinks from the late Hersy Basham, a mutual friend.

I LIKE the way POP HAYDN thinks!!! --and, performs~!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Thanks, Dick. That means a lot to me, coming from someone who's worked like you have. Hersey was an incredible help to me along the way.
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Tricks with animals, and for some unknown reason most 2 card transposition effects. Not all, but I wouldn't touch most
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Rats are off the menu; even clockwork rats give me the creeps.

I wouldn’t cut a baby in half.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Max would, tommy:

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Thank you, Pop. It seems to me the Cloak of Matador is essentially Emotional, whereas his Sword is Rational in nature. The baby is part of the Cloak in this case and very effective as the baby evokes emotion, captures the heart so to speak very well. Much like when a magician smashes somebodies beloved watch is more effective than doing so with something the audience has no sentimental attachment to. The Cloak of matador does not have to be sentimental but must be of that Emotional nature if the magician wants to move or excite or spook the audience. Max looks spooky to me, spiritual like.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magic Effect I won't do (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL