The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card melts thru bolt (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

OHCollector
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of OHCollector
I'm looking for more information on a trick I bought at a magic shop in Tampa. The name of the trick in the instructions is Jim's Magic Bolt Trick, and the effect is:

Place a card on top of a rectangular piece of Plexiglas with a hole drilled through both. Align the holes and insert a hex head bolt through both followed by threading a nut on the bolt to hold it all in place. Then you can pull the playing card straight off the block, seemingly melting through the nut.

The trick came with six playing cards: KD x2, QD x 2, 6D, 5H. The instructions are very vague and don't include a manufacturer name or any recommended routine. Why the different values of the cards? Is there more to it? Has anyone seen this one?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
Could it be to give you different choices of force cards?
OHCollector
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of OHCollector
I suppose that’s an idea, but forcing the card wouldn’t have much of an impact if all you’re going to do is make it the focus of a melt-thru effect. It’s been my experience that you can only attach one card to make it work anyhow. It just seems like the finished effect that I bought was a hodgepodge thrown together so the shopkeeper could make a quick buck, but I enjoy it nonetheless because of the clever melt-thru method. No one suspects it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card melts thru bolt (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL