The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Some digital security doesn't work (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tasmagic
View Profile
New user
Australia
14 Posts

Profile of tasmagic
This is something that is very difficult for me to post.
I feel that it may help just a few who visit here and I certainly will not give any info that could help anyone beat digital or other legitimate security.
If anyone sells or is aiming to sell ebooks or e-lecture notes on the Net and they are thinking of using digital locking software to restrict its unauthorised spread, be warned that some software that is sold at fairly high prices is not real good (to put it mildly!).
I will not give further details here or by private email, sorry. This is just to hopefully prevent some authors spending good dollars for such "protection" without giving them notice that they need more information than they might find on the sales pages.
You should ask for referrals to satisfied customers though I understand that even the bad ones I have heard about have some of those.
Ignorance, as they say, is bliss.
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
free fun books from
http://www.ezymagic.com/free4you.html
Plato986
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Plato986
I know exactly what you are talking about. My dad tried to order somthing online, and BLAM all these charges start coming up from no place.. We fixed it though; better to be safe then sorry.
-Plato986 (that's me)
amagician
View Profile
Regular user
Hobart Tasmania Australia
160 Posts

Profile of amagician
Actually, that's something quite different. I was referring to programs that are sold to people who are selling digital ebooks and, I think, software from their sites.

Some of the protection programs do not provide much protection from illegal copies being made.

I have heard a rumor that there will soon be at least one reliable system but there has been no announcement yet so I can't say anything.

With regard to buyers of digital books being loaded with extra charges, that's plain illegal.

You should contact the seller immediately and, if the amount is more than just a few dollars, I would also contact my credit card company with a copy of your email to the seller.

After a few days, to allow for time zones, weekends and such, I would send a reminder email copy that to the card service that the seller uses; ClickBank, PayPal, 2CheckOut or whoever.

With most sellers, that should be enough.

I am currently rebuilding my ezyebook.com and ezymagic.com sites after an autoresponder service I was using went off-line permanently so everything SHOULD be fine when I release the new book.

But I hope that anyone that has any difficulty with my sites will let me know in a polite manner.

Magic (and ebook) dealers are only human, despite strong rumors to the contrary.

:cowboy:
Have a Magic day
John Williams
http://www.ezymagic.com/
more tricks than you can shake a wand at
subscribe to our free ezine on site
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Some digital security doesn't work (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL