The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Six-Hour Memorized Deck by Martin Joyal (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Gee, I dunno.

Six hours to memorize a deck?

Won't the audience get restless?

I suppose it's all in the presentation, though ...
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Ha ha.
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
228 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
It actually works. And you can always go back to the system if needed. Eventually the system will drop and no longer be needed.
Michael_Wald
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
18 Posts

Profile of Michael_Wald
I have used the Joyal stack with great success over a number of years and have created a couple of pieces that are "built into the stack". Itself... E.g. Spectator names : ace of spades, and you say that's a MAGIC card. Spell magic and you then stop at the named card. There are a number of cards that can be found in a similar way....thanks to the basic concept described by David Harkey.

Basically, I have found that the stack works well, is undetectable and was comparatively easy to learn
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2017, Michael_Wald wrote:
I have used the Joyal stack with great success over a number of years and have created a couple of pieces that are "built into the stack". Itself... E.g. Spectator names : ace of spades, and you say that's a MAGIC card. Spell magic and you then stop at the named card. There are a number of cards that can be found in a similar way....thanks to the basic concept described by David Harkey.

Basically, I have found that the stack works well, is undetectable and was comparatively easy to learn

I'm a bit confused here. I've been doing the 6 Hour for over 15 years now. Ace of Spades is the 12th card so if you spell magic from the top of the deck you'll get the ten of diamonds in that stack. Am I missing something?

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
If you’re using CHaSeD, then the AS is twelfth. Harkey’s effect is in his book “A-Ha!”
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » The Six-Hour Memorized Deck by Martin Joyal (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL