The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » How does one start an IBM ring in a Malaysia? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I am interested in starting an IBM ring in Malaysia. This is because we do not have any IBM ring at all. Currently magicians over here goes down to Singapore to join their ring but now they are enquiring whether Malaysia can have its own ring.

Any advise?
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Are there any special requirements to start a brand new ring in Malaysia? How many magicians required to form a ring? We do have a few hundred active magicians in our country. Is that number enough?

Advise appreciated.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
There are restrictions about having multiple Rings in the same city. You're talking about a whole different Country so I see no problem at all. Procedures for forming new Rings are typically facilitated by your Territorial Vice President but I don't know who that would be. John Teo is the Singapore TVP, maybe he can help. http://www.magician.org should have more info somewhere on how to do this.

Basically, you just need 10 registered IBM members to submit a petition to IBM. It sounds easy, but sometimes that's the hardest part. Many Rings start as individual clubs. This way they don't have to be IBM members and they can get organized first until they get a big enough membership to have 10 IBM members to submit the application.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Do you mean 10 people signing up to be IBM members from USA together?

Thanks for the link, Dave. I'll check out the info there.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Just to be clear, you need to be an IBM member to join an IBM Ring. So, it stands to reason they need to be 10 existing IBM members to submit a petition. There may be exceptions if they submit their membership applications at the same time as the petition. The IBM office should be able to tell you more.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Dave.

Who, may I know, I can contact in IBM regarding this matter? Which officer should I get in touch? Or should I go straight to the President?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
My guess is that they already know. Many of them read this forum regularly.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Dave. Hope one of the officers contact me. I have already sent an email to them through their website.
Bill Wells
View Profile
Elite user
Lexington, VA
457 Posts

Profile of Bill Wells
James -

I have asked that you be contacted. Please let me know how things go.

Bill
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Bill,

Unfortunately I have received any email from anyone in IBM.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » How does one start an IBM ring in a Malaysia? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL