The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Music for manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
I use a loop I made of the beginning (instrumental portion) of The Door's "Soul Kitchen". Smile
What is the color of magic?
chucky
View Profile
New user
chattanooga, tn
3 Posts

Profile of chucky
You might be interested in checking out the "pure moods" cds. They have some good stuff on them that sets great moods for any kind of magic. Hope I could help.

Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Actually, anytime the music (or other intellectual property) is being used by a performer who is earning money it is considered infringment. I don't think anyone's going to enforce this for a $150 magic show, but I believe that is the law.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
altoni
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of altoni
The music has to move you, and help express your personality, or your character’s. I find lyrics distracting myself, but I don’t think that’s a hard and fast rule. Usually there is a story or something your are trying to get across, even if it’s just showing off. Music should help you tell your story, whatever it is. Needless to say, there is tons of it out there. I think to myself, what am I trying to express, then I find the music that helps me express it.
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Ok here goes the silly question I didn't want to bother with. Copyright.
What's the deal here folks? I see, in previous posts, on this subject, mention of movie soundtracks etc.

Randy Stewart
Kendrix
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Kendrix
Jim: I saw how your post got little attention, but you bring up an important point. When I tried to get permission to use one song in a large venue the cost was $50,000. I would try to use CD's made for magicians with the performance rights paid.
Joanie Spina who is a good friend of mine is the world's best at finding great songs.
For $325.00 she will revue 40 minutes of your magic act and give suggestions. This is a "steal". She worked for Copperfield, Melinda, Kalin & JInger for years. Her email is joanie@joaniespina.com.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
I have found this topic very interesting. Looking through the posts there is a range of music from classical right through to tecno and rock. I guess you need to find some music that suits your style.
For me it was really just a case of looking around until I found the right music. I found that when I finally found the right music it just felt right. I have used lyrics on a couple of occasions, mainly with silks and candles which I try to do as a 'beautiful' act. I tend to use love songs (corny huh!)
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
One time I actually found myself on the phone with Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones. I was in school and working part time on the weekends as a security guard, doing homework on my laptop. He just felt like talking to someone. He told me how his friend "Michael" (Mick) got them 1 million dollars for the one song of theirs that was used in "The Big Chill."
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Music for manipulation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL