The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Andrew Gerard - NEW CHAIR ROUTINE (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Since the cat is out...

Andrew Gerard's "THE COLOR OF MONEY" is a chair routine that plays as impossible as it reads.

3 chairs - 4 envelopes

Someone in the audience is given the choice to decide which of the four envelopes the Mentalist will KEEP for himself. And that audience member will hold that envelope safe, out of the Mentalist hands, for the moment being.

Other 3 people will freely choose one of the 3 envelopes left and each of them goes to sit in one of the 3 chairs on the stage.

Did I mention that during this phase the Mentalist is seated in the audience (close to the first spectator / judge holding the first envelope) and is eating some popcorn while he watches the whole thing unfold itself, as if he was one member of the audience?

The finale is twofold...

First: The envelope which the first spectator / judge has chosen for the Mentalist TO KEEP is the only one containing one check for TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS! A remarkable proof of subtle influencing, you would agree.

Second: The 3 other spectators and they freely chosen envelopes discover that inside each envelope there is only ONE piece of colored card which matches the color of the seat they have chosen for themselves. Another rather impossible feat in itself.

Strong points:

No pre-show!

No Stooges!

Envelopes are OPENED by the spectators – NOT by the Mentalist!

Mechanically EASY to perform!

The presentation (and the popcorn idea!) is refreshing!

Now, I don’t want to hide you one thing – While the mechanics are easy, the smooth presentational style requires some command on the part of the performer. Price aside – this should not be bought by novice people or armchair Mentalists just out of curiosity.

In A Blink : 5 STARS OUT OF 5 to this routine by Andrew Gerard
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Thanks for the review paolo, but where can I find this routine?
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-07-28 09:48, CinChiller wrote:
Thanks for the review paolo, but where can I find this routine?

Hi cinchiller,

Please, read this, in Andrew's own words...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=5138236
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Or even better - Directly order from Andrew at andrewsmagic@telus.net

His professional routine is sold for $100 (and only 100 will be sold!)
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
O.K. guys...I haven’t posted a review in a while…primarily because I just don’t buy much stuff these days…but since this is a fairly high dollar PDF…I’ll post my review of this for anyone who is interested...

I was curious about this routine as I “collect” chair routines and I can concur with Paolo…it is quite brilliant! It is the kind of thing that I would expect to see on a Darren Brown TV special. (I mean that statement as a compliment to Gerard’s routine…I am NOT implying that he as copied anything from Darren…It’s just that good of a routine!)

I can see this as being a great way to start off any mentalism program…it has all the right elements for a great opener…you immediately begin to build rapport with the entire audience with the opening “color phase” and “audience reading” (so clever)…then you lead them into the simple plot…there is some initial humor with a very funny “check gag” (I like that a lot as it shows that you do not take yourself too seriously)…then you end with the effect…a perfect performance structure.

The way the routine is structured…it will give the audience the impression that you were using psychological cues (ala Mr. Brown) to influence the volunteer’s choices…this portion is very clever and the wording is very convincing.

(I have a really cool idea that I will share with anyone who buys this...just PM me "proof" and I'll be happy to share it.)

I can see that a lot of “thought” went into the development of this routine. I personally think it is absolutely brilliant and can not wait start working / thinking about it for my own show.

I will not review the actual mechanics as they are very straight forward and simple. The routine plays exactly like it reads and everything that Paulo mentions in his post is accurate.

If you are a "worker" I am sure you will get your money's worth...

I hope this helps,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Mariagi
View Profile
Special user
MIND, MYTH & MAGICK
654 Posts

Profile of Mariagi
With mr.Cavalli "the chairmaster" experience and mr.Fisher endorsement both backing up this routine:as I wrote in penny this routinemust be satisfaction guaranteed
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Out of curiosity, how does this compare to Kurtz version?
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
A.G.
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver- Canada
960 Posts

Profile of A.G.
Kutz is great, this is a different approach. You would have to buy both to properly compare.
AG
Well then...
Brent Allan
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
415 Posts

Profile of Brent Allan
I am very familiar with the Kurtz version. I am also curious as to how this compares with Patrick Redford's "Ensconced Fundament."
Turn your business card into a relentless salesperson that brings you business!

http://www.TransformYourBusinesscard.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Andrew Gerard - NEW CHAIR ROUTINE (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL