The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Tiempo Review Request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
Hi guys! I am releasing my second publication at http://www.pablovaldes.cjb.com : Tiempo. This is a PDF with what I think is my best effect ever and six others. I am asking for five magicians who would like to review for free this e-book. The notes are ideal for magicians who perform both close-up and stage magic. So I will send Tiempo to the first five requests (This e-book is definitively not for beginners). Do not PM, post here.

Thanks a lot for your time,

Best,
Pablo
Wonderful things do happen
Magic is so relative, that we all think we know what it is
@pablovaldes
gaafman
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of gaafman
I don't think I am the best reviewer for this, so I leave it up for others. But good luck releasing it.
tentoki
View Profile
New user
Berlin
45 Posts

Profile of tentoki
I would be glad to provide a review for your work. Very much liked Fuego.

Greetings from Berlin,
Oliver
David Crown Paranormal Entertainment
www.David-Crown.de
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Im more than happy to review it, and I'm currently working on an effect that could be done close-up involving a mix of ideas including time travel.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
I will tell ya what I think...
tc
tc@tctahoe.com
maxmaximus
View Profile
New user
austria
93 Posts

Profile of maxmaximus
I am pleased to provide a review...

regards
max
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I know I'm late, but I had to go out to transfer some money, think you could pop me in? Fuego was excellent so I'm looking forward to your new project.
Ive just checked out the description and it does sound excellent, and I have Cellular Forecast so I can def use this.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Oh, I was on time, fifth request! I will give an honest and thorough review.
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
Thanks a lot for your interest!!

Max, the only e-mail I didn´t find in your profile was yours.
Tentoki, I searched your website and sent the PDF to the e-mail that I found there, please let me know if you received it succesfuly.

I hope you enjoy it!

Best,
Pablo
@pablovaldes
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2077 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I enjoyed this ebook although I am slightly biased given Pablo's mention of my own Cellular Forecast. In terms of the magic it's of a style which isn't really my forte but the effects read very well with clear explanations and I imagine they play very strong.

Good luck Pablo!

Best,

David.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
“Tiempo” (BTW it's a spanish word of Time) E-File contains 30 pages with mainly seven routines and a lot of good ideas; your can find routines with cards and coins. All of them need a small setup and easy reset.

Pablo explains in detail the “moves” needed to perform each routine and the document have enough pictures for better understanding.

Routines:
+ Facing: It’s a card face transpo. The main idea is to make a card transpo of two different signed cards with different color back decks. It’s one of my favorites.

+ Snaces: It’s a split card routine using Pablo’s handling with the advantage of increase your angles.

+ Revolution Print: It’s a coin routine where a signed coin penetrate magician’s fist with a surprise end.

+ Scorpion’s Tail: It’s another coin routine with a little more setup. I personal like it a lot.

+ The Texas Cheat: It’s not an effect; it’s an idea that can be used when you are playing texas…

+ The Long Distance False Transpo: Another Coin effect where the spectator sees a coin flying from one hand to the other. This one takes time to master but its worth to try. Magicians who perform with coins will like this one.

+ Tiempo: This is a very good card effect; needs a special setup the first time; it’s a good routine for stage, Pablo also explain a method for close up; essentially the magician is able to reveal a chosen card from a spectator using a “visual” technology method. Can’t say more without tip the idea.

I’m not a magician that performs a lot of Cards/Coins Routines, but Pablo’s routines motivate me to add more repertoire into my current show.

Routines are good for close-up and walk-around.

All of the routines are EASY to perform and VERY VISUAL.

My final impression is that Pablo did a good job with “Tiempo” with EASY and usable information. I’m sure you will find it worth too.
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
Thanks a lot Mind Magic and David for your very kind reviews. I am so glad you liked it.
@pablovaldes
maxmaximus
View Profile
New user
austria
93 Posts

Profile of maxmaximus
Hi all,

here is my honest review for tiempo...

as mentioned before the ebook contains 30 pages (+photos) with seven routines and ideas...for the description pls read mind_magic's post above...

my favorites are facing, snakes, the texas cheat (because now there is a big poker hype here in europe) and of course pablos reputation maker tiempo...

all of his routines play exactly like the ad says and are (for an advanced magician) easy to perform...the material is not groundbreaking but very well thought out and useful...i love the tiempo routine and will try the close up version as soon as I gave it the time it needs to be perfect...

good job pablo!!!

regards max
tentoki
View Profile
New user
Berlin
45 Posts

Profile of tentoki
Just received the pdf from Pablo yesterday evening. Many thanks for you Pablo!
Just skimmed through the pages because I am sitting over my tax declaration. What I found is a well produced manuscript loaded with very good ideas and effects. I am sure they are great because I bought Fuego some time ago and found it worth every penny I spent. I will provide my further insights when I have completed the manual. But you do not want or need to wait for my complete review. I know what is good when I see it (I am a magic dealer also). This is the case with Tiempo - you won´t be dissapointed.
David Crown Paranormal Entertainment
www.David-Crown.de
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Before this review I'd just like to say that ive realised in previous reviews ive written a couple of things, 1- I only seem to review effects/material I really like, 2- I praise them too much and only really go over the pros etc. So I have decided that I am going to be 100% honest in all of my reviews, good and bad, and give my real no holds barred opinion, so with that said, lets get going!!

My honest review of Tiempo

Tiempo is the Latest release from Pablo Valdes, it is a pdf manuscript containing several effects/routines, with the finale being the Tiempo routine.

Format- Pdf manuscript

Price- $45 (approx £25)

Available- http://www.pablovaldes.cjb.com

The Pdf:

Before I get onto any of the effects/routines, I thought I'd first give my opinion of the manuscript itself. Tiempo is 30 pages, with clear photos throughout giving you a great visual as to what you should be doing.
Everything is well explained and, along with the pictures, makes for an easy learning process.

The Good-

Good explanations
A lot of good, clear pictures

The Bad-

There are a few spelling mistakes

Effects:

Now it's onto the material which makes up this manuscript, one or two of the effects need something extra and I'll be sure to mention this when the time comes.

Facing: The face of one selection (signed) from a red deck, transposes onto the face of a selection from a blue deck which is signed across the back. Not only that but when the first selection is turned over, the face of the blue backed selection has transposed onto the face of the original red backed selection.

This requires two decks (differing coloured backs) and a little bit of set-up, but the result is a good transposition effect that leaves a nice souveneir for one of the specs.

The Good- The way it's routined means that this all happens without any funny looking moves or fiddling with the deck, and they actually see the first selection get placed down.
I like the idea of a car face transposition effect, makes it a bit different to the actual whole cards transposing, and leaves one spec with a double signed card, featuring the face from the red selection and the back from the blue.
Also, the card they see you place down ends up with the face from the blue selection.
There are two versions taught, one that has some angle restrictions but looks more cleaner, and a surrounded handling.

The Bad- Only leaves a souveneir for one of the participants (two are used), I suppose one could have the other card, but that's hardly as nice as the double signed card.

Difficulty- Not difficult at all really, and all moves are gone over. For beginners there will be a move that they won't feel comfortable with, but it is taught step by step with colour photos detailing the workings, everyone else should have no problems.

Overall- A good start to the manuscript with this, it's well routined and is a good effect. Will it replace my existing transposing effects... no, will it replace yours... maybe?
I will be giving this a whirl every now and then as I do like the end result, and maybe it can have a place alongside other card transposition effects instead of replacing them (maybe as an end to a transposition routine).

Snaces: A visual way to split a card into two eg, 2 of clubs to two aces.
This is not a routine or effect, although a small ace production routine is taught, but something that you can add to your card routines where you split a card into two.

The Good- It's definitely visual, and happens up at eye level away from the deck.

The Bad- It's quite angle sensitive, and do you really need another way to accomplish this?

Difficulty- This will take practise, though, without giving anything away, if your already comfortable with the method used you'll find this a breeze as it actually improves the angles.

Overall- I actually like this a lot and will be thinking of ways to incorporate it into other effects. I stayed away from the mechanics of this before, but this has made me re-think that decision. It won't be for everyone, and I'm sure many of you already have perfectly good methods of accomplishing this, but for me this is great and something I'll really be using.

Revolution Print: A signed coin penetrates through the performers hand and appears on the other side containing not only the specs signature, but yours/selected playing card/symbol etc on the other side.

For this it is best if you know a specific move to accomplish a certain part of it, but I can't say without tipping part of the method, so I'd advise you to PM Pablo Valdes for more on that. Other ways can accomplish this, but there is one recommended in the manuscript, and it might be nice for you to know beforehand so you know you'll be ready.

The Good- Simple and direct handling.

The Bad- Why? There are better coin through hand effects out there, and I don't actually see the reason for this effect. Not all effects have to make total sense, but why does the coin have your sig/selected card/symbol etc on the other side after penetration, it just doesn't seem to have a point.

Difficulty- This is pretty easy, and if you have only a basic knowledge of coin work you'll be fine, and everythings gone over anyway (except a specific move which you need to already know, but as I said, you'll nee to contact Pablo Valdes to know what it is).

Overall- I don't like this at all, to me it's pretty pointless (not because it's a coin through hand, but because the kicker at the end just seems pointless).
Others might feel different, but this is a no no for me.

Scorpions Tail: An advanced handling for Revolution Print which sounds much better, but I can't try out as I have not got the extra things needed.
A coin is borrowed and the spec is asked to think of a symbol, the coin is then signed by the spec. You place the coin on the back of your hand and proceed to push it in. You now show the coin to be stuck inside, and then that it's penetrated through. that's not all, the coin has left an image on your hand, the symbol the spec was thinking of, not only that, but on the other sie of the coin is te symbol they were thinking of.

For this you need the Scorpion Kit from ellusionist, or a UV marker and light.

The Good- Couldn't say as have not tried it.

The Bad- Couldn't say as have not tried it.

Difficulty- From the explanation it seems like this is only a little bit more work than Revolution Print, so if you can do that you can do this.

Overall- From the escription it sounds better than Revolution Print, but it's still not for me, though if I ever come across whats needed I'll still give it a try for fun, but nothing more.

The Texas Cheat: This is not an effect or routine, more a way to enable you to get a four of a kind playing Texas Hold'em.

The Good- Well having a four of a kind in Texas Hold'em is always a nice thing to have.

The Bad- You have to have control of the cards, ***, I was expecting real magic.

Difficulty- It depends on if you know the move, if you do then you'll be fine, if not then you'll be clueless as it's not taught, just given another way to use it.

Overall- I like this as it's always fun to be ahead in the game (playing for fun, not cheating for real). This could also be used in a poker demonstration routine.

The long distance False Transfer: A coin vanish, don't want to say anymore or it may tip the workings.

The Good- An extremely easy coin vanish where the spec swears they saw the coin, but it's gone.
Can be incorporated into many other effects routines.

The Bad- Well it's so simple that some probably won't believe it works or won't give it a proper try. At first I wasn't too sure either.

Difficulty- I really don't see this as being difficult at all, if you practise getting it smooth it should work well for you.

Overall- I love this, it's so simple and useable. I didn't think it would play that well at first, and even to myself in the mirror it didn't seem like anything special, but when I tried it out on someone it actually worked just as described, not once, not twice but multiple times. I think that those who do give this a proper go will find that it will become something they will be using from now on.

Tiempo: Ok this is it, the reason for this manuscript and Pablo Valdes most powerful and favourite effect. There are two versions to this, one is for stage and the other is for close-up.

The stage version requires a confederate and a lot more work to accomplish the effect/routine, the close-up version (the one ive tried and will be basing my opinion on) accomplishes the same overall effect, but on a smaller scale, and no confederates are needed. Also a lot less work beforehand is required, but the overall impact I'd imagine is just as great as on the stage version.

The close-up version requires Cellular Forecast, this is a great product and if you have not got then what are you waiting for, go ahead to http://www.letyourmindwonder.blogspot.com/ and pick it up, you won't regret it.

My description will be of the stage version, but the close-up version is basically the same, just without the DVD player etc.

A dvd disk is handed to a spec to keep ahold of, and a deck is shuffled by the participant. They then remove any amount of cards they wish, be it from the top, middle or bottom of the deck. In the end the spec is left with four cards, in which they have a choice of any one. Now the participant gets a choice of one of four business cards, each having a location written on them (location as in your immediate surroundings). The card from earlier now gets a corner torn from it which the sec is to keep ahold of, and the card is replaced into the deck and the deck wrapped in a rubber band so that no cards can get in or out. This deck is now handed to the participant to hold onto.
The participant now goes and puts the dvd disk (that they have been holding onto) into a dvd player that has been in full view throughout. On the screen appears a video of what appears to be the performer in the same location they are in now, but hours earlier. The performer on screen shows a deck of cards and explains about a time experiment. Later that day, a spec is going to have a choice of four cards (the four cards are seen to match the four cards the spec actually had a choice of), and that they will choose ? (whatever card they really chose), the performer knows this as there is a corner torn off the card (the card is seen to be the selected card with the corner missing). Not only that, but the spec will choose ? location (whatever location they picked), the performer is now seen to put the selected card into an envelope and the envelope is placed at the chosen location.
Back to the performer and participants, they can search through the deck and they won't find there card, anyone can go straight to the location and they'll find an envelope, anyone can open the envelope and inside they'll find the card which, by the way, matches the torn corner. Whew... that was a lot.

The Good- Can play to any size audience, no funny looking moves, everything always in sight, actually fully workable.

The Bad- Stage version needs a confederate (which I'm not keen on), close-up version nees Cellular Forecast (only bad for those who don't have it).

Difficulty- Stage version?
Close-up version is relatively simple and I'd imagine most will be able to accomplish this without much trouble, but audience/spectator managemnt skills woould be a plus. Most work is done before you even perform the effect, but you need to be sufficient at the moves and at your misdirectional skills.
It's hard to give a proper difficulty rating as the mechanics are not hard, but the effect/routine for some might be.

Overall- I love this, I can see why it's Pablo Valdes favourite and most powerful performance piece. Excellent routining, excellent effect.

Complete Overall: This is a great release from Pablo Valdes and, even though I got this for free, I have not taken that into account for my review, and thought about it from the point of view as if I had purchased this. $45 might seem like quite a bit for a pdf manuscript, but it has some good ideas and the actual Tiempo effect/routine is fantastic (my opinion). Don't go into this thinking your getting a bunch of revolutionary techniques, effects and principles. Go into it knowing your getting a tried and tested routine that Pablo Valdes considers to be his greatest piece to date and that he actually uses, and some other good pieces and ideas to play around with.

Is it worth the asking price?
Well I can't really say as everyone will have there own opinion as to the worth of the material, I would say yes, but not everyone will agree I'm sure.

Recommended
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
John, thanks a lot for your honest review. I would like to add that the move you need to perform Revolution Print and Scorpion´s tail is Revolution by Kevin Parker. There is a method for doing without this move but I strongly recommend this vanish to perform these two effects.

I want to explain a little the price. The price is only for Tiempo, I see the other six routines as bonus routines, although there are a lot of magicians that have liked them a lot. When I thought the price at first I wanted to charge a lot higher. You must understand how much money I have earned with Tiempo. The first time I did Tiempo on stage I booked 6 further gigs for $1,000 DLLS. each. Of course the whole show was good but I know Tiempo was the main reason for these bookings. Since then I still book gigs every time I perform it, and people leave talking about this effect.

The first time I did Tiempo close-up version with Cellular Forecast I received a $60 DLLS. tip. I have received a $120 DLLS tip for this but what is more important I have booked a loooooot of gigs. Both close up and stage.

Do I think $45 is expensive? No, really. I won´t be neither richer or poorer with this e-book. I just believe here is my biggest routine and I wanted to share it.

Thanks a lot for all your kind reviews and comments. And thanks a lot for your support. Any doubt about any of the effects before or after buying feel free to contact me.

Best,
Pablo
@pablovaldes
pablovaldes
View Profile
Loyal user
Mexico
206 Posts

Profile of pablovaldes
Hi!! Thank you guys for this incredible response. It seems that releasing Tiempo has started to make Fuego popular again, so I decided to create a Bundle. Take Fuego + Tiempo for $50!! Just send me a Paypal payment to jeanpaulvr@mac.com with the subject: BUNDLE, and I will send both e-books to you.

For Fuego owners you should have received an email with a special code and price for Tiempo. If you didn't PM me and I´ll solve it for you.

Thank you for all your support,
Best,
Pablo
@pablovaldes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Tiempo Review Request (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL