The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » High School Magic Show Fundraiser (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicdeacon
View Profile
New user
Texas
13 Posts

Profile of magicdeacon
Poteet's Magic Show
Be careful what you ask for. Three years ago, my principal & I were talking about the school's prom fundraiser of selling candy. I suggested selling magic show tickets instead of boxes of candy bars. Well...this is our 3rd year to do this.

Over the past two years, we've brought in around $25k. Much better than asking the juniors to sell M&Ms. Each year, I've had a headline act surrounded by some extremely talented Dallas Magic Club acts.

2006 Show
Chase Curtis' Illusions
Mica & Judy Calfee
Jeff Lee

Emcee: Michael Squires
Strolling Magicians:
- John Kline
- Chuck Lehr
- Andy Ritter

2007 Show
John & Mari Lynn Shyrock
Michael Squires
Jeff Lee
Kinetic Shiva

Emcee: Carl Jones
Strolling Magicians:
- John Kline
- Scott
- Doc Haliday

We are very excited about this year's magic show!

December 8, 2008
The Magic and Comedy of Eric Buss
Topper - The Magic Clown (Carl Jones)
Bizarro - Jimmy Robinson

Emcee: John Kline
Strolling Magicians:
- Chuck Lehr
- Doc Haliday

I just thought I'd share some of my thoughts about using magic as a fundraiser. The best thing I did was let loose with some money for a really good headline act. The community and school has been very supportive of this type of fundraiser.

Magic thoughts,
Brent Fisher
Brent Fisher

"Multi-tasking is only the opportunity to screw-up several things at the same time."
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Congratulations! What a successful event you have put together.

Keep up the good work. Oh...and welcome to the Café!

Mark. Smile
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Magic Deacon-

Well done-Shows like this work so well

We do over 100 of these a year -ourselves doing the shows & have written numerous articles on the Café regarding the format to sell these out etc

We have many meetings to promote the show using our successful formula to make the prople involved as promoters etc

We use Magic ,Illlusion & Hypnosis -we have a top Professional show with Backdrops, Dry Ice, Fire , Rock Music &an act that has been finetuned over many performances in hundreds of venues here & overseas

In June we did 4 nights at new college Auditorium & had over 1000 people every night in the hall

Attached pic is from another show with 700 every night for 3 nights at another local college, only half the crowd is in the pic as this was on stage looking to the right only!!!!! -all tickets range from 15-25 dollars & includes food & drink before the show & at interval etc

Great to see you doing a similar idea etc Good Luck

Click here to view attached image.
magicdeacon
View Profile
New user
Texas
13 Posts

Profile of magicdeacon
Thanks guys. I appreciate the picture. I had not thought of taking a pic of the crowd. Perhaps that's something I'll do in Dec.

More Magic Later, Brent
Brent Fisher

"Multi-tasking is only the opportunity to screw-up several things at the same time."
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2007-08-31 00:04, magicdeacon wrote:
Thanks guys. I appreciate the picture. I had not thought of taking a pic of the crowd. Perhaps that's something I'll do in Dec.

More Magic Later,

We take pics of all the crowds at all shows- as well as let all filming during all shows by the crowd

The amount of shows we get booked by people seeing someone elses film of the event is staggering

So many Magicians don't allow filming-by our experience & you can see the crowds-this is a bad move on there part-Always allow filming-its your best publicity

Great for publicity as well as new clients start adding up the dollars to see how easy it is to raise $20,000
in 90 mins!!

-Brent
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » High School Magic Show Fundraiser (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL