The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Crystal by Mac (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
CRYSTAL BY MAC

Effect: The magician tears a small hole in the centre of a freely selected card. He immediately gives the spectator the centre hole of the card. The magician then obtains a wine glass and VISUALLY links the card onto the stem! Obviously it has no way off, but the magician pulls it right back through the side of the stem, drops the card into the glass, and gives everything to the spectator for complete examination.

Review: I received an advanced copy of Crystal, and was expecting to be greatly disappointed by it. When I finally received the ebook, I immediately read it and right away thought, "This is actually very good!"

Crystal is a new effect from the people who brought you Lucid Dreams. A card with a hole torn from the centre is visually linked onto the stem of a wine glass before being pulled right back through and immediately examined by a spectator. This would be the perfect restaurant worker's effect since there is very minimal set-up, it is virtually angle proof, and it perfectly fits the restaurant setting. To link a spectator's chosen card onto the stem of THEIR wine glass is definitely going to be a hit amongst spectators.

I was supplied with an ebook of about 3 pages. The only complaint I have with the overall package is that the teaching of the effect could be a bit more in-depth as there are no real specifics outlined where there clearly should be. However, you can probably find the mssing pieces to the puzzle just by pondering it as it is not difficult to figure out what exactly must be done. Other than that, the ebook is nicely produced, in full colour with a very professional cover page and clear photos that show the specific hand positions or sleights required. So, in short, the ebook could be longer but is still quite nicely produced.

The effect itself is, in my opinion, fantastic. I see tons of potential in this idea and although the method may disappoint at first, you will quickly learn to appreciate it when you read about the different moves involved in the method in conjunction with the link onto the stem.

Yes, the effect does use a specially prepared gaff, but it will take no more than 3 seconds to prepare and can be done on the fly, and the specific manner in which to execute moves that allow for a clean finish is outlined and is really the part that sold this to me.

I also like the fact that, if you have a skeptical spectator, there is proof that it was "her card" the entire time since she is still holding onto the centre of the selected card. If she wishes to check or verify, she may match the centre up to the card. Of course, it matches perfectly.

Some may be skeptical about performing this because they fear the gaff in the card may be spotted during the link. However, I can assure you that only in the brightest rooms would the gimmick show. This is a restaurant-style piece, and since restaurants are normally dimly lit, there should be no issues whatsoever.

No, the card cannot be signed for the effect, but the centre piece can. And when that piece is shown to match the card perfectly, there will be no doubt that you just performed a miraculous penetration right before their eyes.

Overall, I give this ebook a solid 7/10. The effect is great, but the overall ebook lowered the rating slightly. Everything appears to be fair, and overall this is quite a clever effect and it has potential to be the talk of the evening. This is something that should certainly be tried next time you're out at a restaurant. It is quite startling and very creative. The bottom line is, if you are a restaurant worker in search of the perfect closer, then CRYSTAL may be that effect. Recommended!

This can be purchased at http://www.projectmaverick.co.za

Michael Kras
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
I also received an advanced copy of this effect..
Even though I have not had to much time to really check it out, on a quick look it definitely looks like something that is very usable in the real world..

Will try to get some time to actually make the gimmick (very simple) and try on a couple of family members

Don
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
So you've tried this Michael??
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Will be on http://www.projectmaverick.co.za for $5 in 24 hrs (webguy asleep, probably too much starwars today)

MAC

please note : that full support and variations/other ideas will be on our forum which is http://www.projectmaverick.ipbfree.com
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Yes, Y2John, I've tried this. It looks very nice and everything stated is true. The ebook could use some work but hey, it does its job.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I hope Mac sells this again. It's causing quite some controversy all for nothing. Great effect, and I hope he has a change of heart!
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I will be selling this. my website is being re-worked. I'm trying to get rid of setcom and use moneybookers instead. Paypal doesn't work in my country as my greedy government can't track the cash and get a piece of the pie.
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Mac,
NOOooo ...And its just taken 3-4 days to verify my card with Setcom
how long then mac (roughly)
john
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
A few typos could be fixed and a little more indepth. But you get the idea. and its a nice routine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Crystal by Mac (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL