The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Private Lessons in L.A.? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
While I am not necessary new to magic, I have a renewed interest. I think I would like to look into the possibility of some private instruction. Does anyone know of a good instructor in the L.A area? Feel free to post here, or to send me a Private Message if you prefer.

Thanks
What is the color of magic?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
If you're a card worker, you missed a great "A Day with Darwin" seminar in L.A. just a month or so ago. That's okay, I missed it too.

What particular type are you interested in? That might help narrow it down for us.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
Cards mostly. But I really have a number of interests. All close-up, though.

But a seminar is not really what I'm looking for. I've been to seminars, some great ones. What I feel I will benefit from is the structure of a regular lesson. If I have a deadline (class/lesson) I will be more motivated to get whatever I am working on to the level that it needs to be. Additionally, an instructor would be able to tell me "you should practice A,B and C this week." When I sit down to work on something, I never know what to focus on. My attention usually winds up bouncing around and I find I end up being "sort of" good at a few things, but not necessarily "good enough" ant any. I think lessons would force some discipline upon me.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I know John does small (limit 10 students) workshops and you may be able to work something out for a private lesson! I'd be interested to hear what you find out so keep us posted!
Mick
http://www.carneymagic.com/seminars/index.html
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Try contacting the magic castle, bet you can find someone there.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
afillius
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of afillius
Or try calling Brent at the Magic Apple I believe he does private lessons.

Or just enroll in the lessons at the Magic Castle.
www.stsgroupinc.com
pro audio/video/lighting

Great magic is about creating great images - Jay Sankey
jman466
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of jman466
You can certainly take lessons at the Castle, Dave Thorsen is the instructor and his teaching ability - in my opinion - is very good. You get the added bonus of being at the Castle and really being exposed to a lot of magic in general ... http://www.magiccastle.com for more information. I could also recommend the Magic Apple if they have lessons, I have never taken any lessons there, but Brent is a great guy to know and very easy to work with - http://www.themagicapple.com.
Slappy
View Profile
Loyal user
North Hollywood, CA
266 Posts

Profile of Slappy
I third the Magic Apple
"Help, I've got a silver ball stuck on my thumb"
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
I went to Magic Apple and spoke with Brent. It looks like I'll be taking a few lessons from him there. Thanks for the help.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Private Lessons in L.A.? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL