The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ultimate three card monte (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hockey
View Profile
Regular user
canada
107 Posts

Profile of hockey
Is this trick good? Easy to figure out? Fun to do? Lasts awhile? Please reply. Smile Smile
Koji Takada
View Profile
Regular user
Tokyo, Japan
146 Posts

Profile of Koji Takada
Bill Malone performs it on the Video/DVD of "On the Loose with Bill Malone." Excellent trick!

You can check it out on the following web site (but he is not Bill Malone):

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=208

Koji
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
If you're asking about Michael Skinner's Ultimate Monte, YES. Get it. It's one of the few packet tricks that I do and you will be credited with more skill than deserved.
Ian_B
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Ian_B
Michael's version is great, you should get it.

It's fun to perform for people. It's not easy to figure out and it will last you a while.
Zackary
View Profile
Loyal user
Monroe,Louisiana
210 Posts

Profile of Zackary
I have this trick and love it. I perform it all the time and no one has figured it out. Like I said, it is a great trick. I highly recommend it.
Zack
Cole
View Profile
New user
Calgary
63 Posts

Profile of Cole
Best three card monte I have ever seen! The best of the best. It will last a long time as long as you are not too rough with it.... And it actually can be very fun to do! Smile Smile Smile
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
The best magic in the world is that magic that, no matter how hard they try, the spectator cannot reconstruct what has just happened (that is, they understand the effect, but there is no possible explanation). This is one of those effects. If you follow the instructions, everything is very well thought out and there're absolutely NO suspicious moves.

Lay audiences are fried by this one.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
sokarnl
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of sokarnl
This effect kills and is easy to do so you can focus on the presentation.
gandolf
View Profile
Loyal user
Hillsborough,NC
236 Posts

Profile of gandolf
I'll add my yes vote to the above posts. I own it, and it NEVER fails to amaze people. Add the proper patter to it, and it is an extremely fun trick to perform. I like Bill Malone's handling better than Ammar's. I usually go for the "fun" presentation rather than the, "Oh wow, will you look at that" handling.
By the way, it is one of the few tricks my six year old can't catch me at. She can spot a pass, double lift and jog shuffle a mile away!!! Smile
Lamberto
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
99 Posts

Profile of Lamberto
It's one of the greatest foolers to expose.

With a friend of mine we've constructed a way to do it in the hands so no table is required. (Actually, my friend made the way to do it in the hands and I personalized it in the patter for myself. )

So you can just do it on the streetcorner.
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
I think Michael Skinner's Ultimate Monte is the 2nd best three card monte out there. The best one is the real thing. Not too many can do it because the left hand has to be as good as your right one. I do Skinner's first, then go into the real three card monte.
Smile
magicman2000
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of magicman2000
Hockey,

This trick isn't good, it's terrific! It is simple to do with no difficult moves and is one of the best killer tricks you can buy. I use it as an opener and it is almost impossible to get busted.
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
557 Posts

Profile of debaser
I would buy Dave Neighbors' "Joker Monte" or Gaeton Bloom's "Visible Monte"
for a gaffed monte effects. Much more visual and exciting than Skinner's.

Matt
gtxby33
View Profile
Veteran user
347 Posts

Profile of gtxby33
I don't own it but I do know the method and I think it's a great effect.

-Max
white hats rule.
EvanAndrews
View Profile
Regular user
California
128 Posts

Profile of EvanAndrews
Yeah, you are right, Max. I am probably the only one to say this, but I actually don't like Skinner's Three Card Monte. I think that there are better monte effects than this. For some reason I just don't like this one. Some of the ones I like are Temptation by Gordon Bean and Standup Monte by Garrett Thomas.
????.....Yeah
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
With the right presentation, this trick is a killer. Just don't make your hands look suspicious and it'll be fine.
Ian_B
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Ian_B
I think most people here would prefer Skinner's U3CM over Gordon's Temptation or any other 3 Card Monte versions.

I own both Temptation & UCM3 and they're both great. However UCM3 seems to get better reactions from the audiences, simply because the moves don't look fishy.

But then again Temptation could also be a killer trick by changing the original method and adding brand new patter.

Ian Smile
Terry
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Terry
Yep,
This is a good one! Go get it!
I tend to do this trick sort of like Malone, real slow.
It takes a bit of practice to get the routine and to learn the moves. But you should be able to have it down in one evening.
After that, you can whip out a short 3 card routine that will smoke 'em!

Terry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Ultimate three card monte (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL