The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Floating Ball- Okito's steps??? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Sorry it's not about ************* or **************** it's about a specific performance technique he mastered that changed his motivation and the audience's perception of what was occurring on stage, can't say more until I'm getting my last rites...
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
After having done Floating ball for several decades around the world, I just believe it's an effect of puppeteering with passion and conviction. Then again I started out as a puppeteer and the ability to breathe life into a marionette via threads is everything. I've studied every method and detail that comes out including the wonderful Luis de Matos method which is very clever. For me, it just doesn't match the elegance and simplicity of the current classic method I use. It works on the largest stages (I performed it at the 7000 seat Sun Dome in Phoenix) down to small venues like the Palace at the Magic Castle. In most typical proscenium houses it rigs in about 1 Minute and strikes in the same. I'll also say that the first 5 years of working with it were the hardest and I think it will take about 10 years for anyone to make it really great. It's just about a LOT of practice and good feedback.
Ray Pierce
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
Its great to see this post coming back around! Lots of great feedback guys!
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Magic Live 2016:
Jinger Leigh-Kalin performs her very special Floating Ball.
It's 90% or more there, it's still a work in progress.
Brought tears to my eyes. Real beauty.
Jinger is on the right track and it's truly magical.
I am eager to see what it develops into.
She's a consummate magician and I love her for it.
One of my great moments at Magic Live's 25th anniversary.
AnthonyHolt
View Profile
New user
Belgium
7 Posts

Profile of AnthonyHolt
Anyone that could tell me what the best thread would be for this effect?
Okito used a brown one, Don Wayne a Black one.

Anyone that does have tips for this.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The thread depends on the ball you are using and it's weight. Luis De Matos - DVD - includes a very thick on and kind of brown - black color.

Use what came with your ball, it all depends on your lighting set-up and backdrop you use anyway.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
I would agree that the Luis De Matos DVD (with an insanely clever routine, although I still use my own) has the best current information on Thread selection.
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Floating Ball- Okito's steps??? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL