The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best you do as I do (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Can someone recommend the best routines for this effect.

BAZZER
prototype
View Profile
Veteran user
Rick Holcombe
320 Posts

Profile of prototype
I do the routine as is, pretty straight forward, but I love to follow it up with Larry Jennings "Optical Prediciton" from the classic magic of Larry Jennings. Very easy to do and it strengthens the first trick I think.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Many thanks,

BAZZER
Steve Burton
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Steve Burton
Check out "Scarne's Card Tricks" for a Do As I Do that is done with only a single deck of cards. It saves having to carry around two different colored packs for a single effect.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
One of the best "You Do As I Do" routines overall is "The Shuffling Lesson" by Chad Long. It can be found in both the Art of Astonishment and Magic For Dummies.

In this routine, you're teaching the spectator many different ways that the deck can be mixed up. At the end, both the magician and the spectator have dealt out four piles in front of them. The magician shows that he's used his skill to produce the 4 Kings at the top of those piles. The spectator's top four cards are turned over to show that they have the 4 Aces!

I like this one because the spectator actually outdoes the performer at the end, instead of being outdone by the magician.

Another one I've had fun with is "The Uninvited Joker" from Scarne on Card Tricks. I do it the opposite of the way it's written up. You have a packet of cards with Ace through King and a Joker in it. You have the spectator spell "A-C-E" by putting one card on the bottom for each letter. They get an Ace. They then spell "T-W-O" and get a two. Every so often, I'll take the deck from them, spell a card in a similar way, but get the Joker instead! Whenever they do it, they get the correct card.

I like to present that as the one card trick I could never learn.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I second "One deck You Do As I Do" from the Scarne book, it's a fooler!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
There is a good version in Walter Gibsons "Complete Illustrated Book of Card Magic" called "Triple Do-as-I-Do"......am sure I saw Paul Daniels do this on TV when I was a very young Magician......

check it out.....

David
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Look for Scarne in "Stars of Magic." Three cards, two decks of cards, small footprint regarding work, plenty of pow.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
There is also another do as I do effect where you and a spectator each have four cards,then after the spectator copies the various actions that you make ,all of your cards end up being face down whilst the spectator always ends up with one card face up.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Perhaps it's similar to Walter Gibson's "Triple Do-as-I-Do" mentioned above, but check out "Three in a Million" in Garcia and Schindler's "Magic with Cards". It's more spectacular than a regular Do-as-I-Do in that not only have the magician and the spectator chosen the same card, but the bottom cards on two piles that they have each dealt are also identical. The patter plays up the idea of odds of "three in a million" that all three cards each person reveals would be exactly the same.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best you do as I do (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL