The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Inside the Head of Donny Orbit-Full52.com (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Hey everyone,

This is available at http://www.lybrary.com now.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Hey guys, Donny here. Now through the end of this week, if you email me at donny.orbit@gmail.com, I will be giving a special 50 percent discount on Inside the Head of Donny Orbit as my way of saying Merry Christmas. This is only available through me, so this offer does not apply to Full52 or Lybrary.com

Just email me and say Merry Christmas Donny!
do magic

www.8bom.net
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
This is a nice ebook and I enjoyed the routines. All the effects have been described so I can't really add any more, but $10 for this is a STEAL. His routine with the blister is very workable along with foil.

You also get a sexy photo of donny which makes it even more worth it. Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Definitely love that sexy photo of... Wait a minute... Uh... Hey, I'm in the wrong thread...
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Cameron,

You know you were in the right thread the whole time. Smile

do
do magic

www.8bom.net
Ben Morris-Rains
View Profile
Regular user
Larkspur, Colorado
111 Posts

Profile of Ben Morris-Rains
Hey guys,

This e-book does rock. I'd have to agree once again with foiled. It is a very nice and easy trick. Same goes with blister and superman. Kick ass effects all the way through.
PUNCTURE: Pen Through Bill
Brandon Harper
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, Texas
207 Posts

Profile of Brandon Harper
Guys - Take advantage of the generous offer from the author himself. I kid you not, I received the ebook within 5 minutes of placing my order. A reveiw will be up soon....
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Donny was so fast with this delivery that I received it ten minutes before I even ordered it. Thirty minutes before I'd even heard of it or Donny or even before I was born. Now that's fast!

All seriousness aside, I received this seven or eight hours ago, and already performed "Superman" up at the hotel front desk. (The desk clerk is stuck for the night and will sit still even for magic.) How effective is this little stunt? How real can you make it? Let's put it this way -- I perform as a mentalist. I do my best to draw the audience in, as part of an unfolding story.

Never once did I refer to these things as a drawing of a lump of coal, and I invited her to feel the texture of the lump, the grit of the dust, and to be sure to not get any on her clothes. By the time of the appearance of the diamond, she was deeply involved - I put the paper wad in HER hand and told her to squeeze it, while I gently squeezed her clasped hands with mine.

The result was that, when she described it to her shift relief, she neglected to mention paper or a drawing at all. Her story had her squeezing a lump of coal, getting black dust on her hands, and squeezing it into a diamond.

This Donny guy has some true magic in this booklet, and it lends itself well to weeeeerdness.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Thanks Chet! I am trying to set up my own account right now so I can communicate a little better with everyone, but I am so glad that you enjoyed the read. That is an awesome piece of presentational strangeness. I will give it a go tonight and try to alter the moment a little myself.

do magic
do magic

www.8bom.net
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Hey guys, this is the last day of the sale. I hope everyone that is interested takes me up on the Holiday offer.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Donny,

I just got your ebook, and thought I'd give you some feedback. Below are my favorite effects in the book.

Superman:
I love this idea! I love it for several reasons. First, I'm a huge Superman/Smallville fan, so the name alone wins points. I really dig the presentational hook of being able to use superhuman strength to accomplish something, then having the drawing change, then having it change into something real. There are so many moments of magic that are happening here. I'm guessing that the method was inspired by Jay Sankey's effect from Secret Files called "What if?" I liked the effect from Jay, but I never saw the potential of using that method for any other effect. Now that I've seen your idea, my mind has been opened to the thought of "what else can be done with that method?"

Future Burn:
Yet another cool idea. One thing that mentalism lacks is a visual element. This effect takes mentalism and adds some visual and psuedo-mind-over-matter stuff by causing your skin "grow a blister" or a burn mark. They freak out, "Hey he knew which finger I would choose." But then they reaaaaaly freak out, "Hey, he has a REAL burn on that same finger!!!!!!!!!"

Foiled:
Excellent presentation. This is the kind of stuff that I like, a premise that borders on being credible that will capture people's attention.

Cherry Thing:
A torn and restored cherry stem (sort of). Who woulda thought. Very cool. I love how organic and natural this is. During the summer, we always get fresh cherries, so I'm going to have to try this one. I'm actually pretty good at the whole knot the stem in the mouth thing, and I always do it when there are cherries around, so this will be a nice addition to it. It'll be like this: "Oh look, Jeff's showing off again tying a knot with his tongue. We see it every year... holy crap, did he just reattach that to the cherry!"

Probably my favorite thing about this book fits well with the title "inside the head of Donny Orbit." I really got to see how you think about things. That was cool. I also love the presentations you come up with. That shows a guy who's a real worker who's worked for real humans (not magicians).
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Hey guys, ive not tested and am proud to say many effects from this book are performed night in night out by me. You NEED this book
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Alan and Jeff both have some seriously awesome magic that everybody should try to get their hands on.
do magic

www.8bom.net
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
TYPOS FIXED

Hey guys, ive now tested and I am proud to say many effects from this book are performed night in night out by me. You NEED this book

TYPOS FIXED
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
For those of you that haven't had a chance to pick this up yet, or aren't a fan of ebooks, Dave notified me that this would be going to the printers soon and would be carried by Murphy's and a few others. Thanks again for continued support.

Donny
do magic

www.8bom.net
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Here's a quote from creator extraordinaire, the Café's very own Justin Miller:

"It is very rare to get a fresh wind of creativity blowing through this art of magic we hold so dear. But when it does it is the most breathtaking experience we can rest in.
Donny's work is not just thinking out side the box but he has reinvented the box all-together!
Pieces of Coal transform into a REAL diamond...
Cards are found under the closest scrutiny..in THEIR hands...
Money is made from a mold of foil and then crushed in a split second...

Magic has been waiting for a change, magic has been waiting for Donny Orbit!"
do magic

www.8bom.net
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I mean every single word to.
If you are serious about being a magician and want to learn some fresh new material that you will ACTUALLY perform then get this book!

Justin N. Miller
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
Quote:
On 2008-01-10 23:44, Justin N. Miller wrote:
I mean every single word to.
If you are serious about being a magician and want to learn some fresh new material that you will ACTUALLY perform then get this book!

Justin N. Miller

Couldn't agree more. Obviously I have a vested interest in this product but let me just reiterate. Of the six effects in this e-book - NONE are filler. They are all, out of the box, ready to go routines that you can plug right in to your current repertoire.

A lot of the big names have raved about this work. If you don't have it you are definitely missing out.

Dave.

P.S. The booklet is with my printer right now. Check with your dealer over the coming weeks or of course you can join my mailing list and you'll hear about its release that way.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
The cards under box is now one of my favorite card pieces to show people when the enviroment is right. People are just laughing with amazement after this effect!

Two thumbs up. =)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Inside the Head of Donny Orbit-Full52.com (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL