The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What kind of palming coins do you use? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cielen
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
8 Posts

Profile of Cielen
Can someone that has a Harry Anderson coin tell me if it is the same size or larger than a silver dollar?

I have an Owen's coin dropper that holds silver dollars. Nielsen's coins are too large. I am hoping that the Anderson coins will fit.

Some of the posts here have conflicting information about the size.

Thanks!
J.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Some are better than others. It all depends on what type of manipulation you are using it for. For example regular coins are better for the Misers Dream because they heavier and will make a louder sound. Nielson's are good for backpalming because they are thin and light.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
I like Norms coins for visibility and their thinness. But, have used half's, wholes, Abbott's and holes punched out of thin aluminum.
POOF!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2007-03-01 01:20, Cielen wrote:
Can someone that has a Harry Anderson coin tell me if it is the same size or larger than a silver dollar?

I have an Owen's coin dropper that holds silver dollars. Nielsen's coins are too large. I am hoping that the Anderson coins will fit.

Some of the posts here have conflicting information about the size.

Thanks!
J.

Read my post again. Both Anderson and Nielsen coins are not Dollar size, meaning they are the same size as the old American Silver Dollar. I own both!
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
I have a dozen of the Anderson coins and they are slightly larger than the silver dollar coins I have which were minted in 1880 and 1927.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Prof. Alexander
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Prof. Alexander
Here's one for you! I use old Irish silver pound coins - the right size and very light. Anybody else ever tried these? We have the Euro now...terrible size for coin magic.
I met this chap at the Olympics. I said to him, "Excuse me but are you a pole vaulter?" he replied "No, I'm German, but how did you know my name was Walter?"
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
I use T.Nelson Downs coins..These are hard to get,but the beauty is because of the time they were made they are attracted to a magnet.He use to give them out as souviners..Cordially,Howard
glennmagi
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of glennmagi
I just got a set of Palming Coin Set by Premium Magic at Penquin Magic. What I like about them is they stick to a magnet and I can fit so much more into a Okito box.
TheGiz
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of TheGiz
I found a big stack of assorted Mardi Gras "dubloons" at a party store. They are silver dollar sized and come from various clubs, pubs etc. in New Orleans. Most have milled edges. Quite light and easy to muscle pass.
http://blackbeltmagician.com

"And it's a good thing I only use my power for good!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What kind of palming coins do you use? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL