The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Abbott's "Hole-In-One" (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Yes, Wolfgang, Hughes was the first to introduce this method - later put out by Abbott's with a similar mechanism.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Pete - could you supply links to the YouTube videos you mention? Thanks.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
I found the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ZW6TcU04s

It IS good.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just got this second-hand, and it's fabulous. Anyone have an idea for a source for replacement balls?
Having touble locating proper replacments.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
For Halloween I have used different color eyeballs around the glass and a spooky foulard with spiders embossed on it for a cover.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I just picked up one at a flea market that has colored golf balls, not the typical colored wooden billiard balls. The tray has a rim, but not the rail like Abbott's. No idea who made it, but it does work just fine. I'll post a photo later.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
JassTan
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
105 Posts

Profile of JassTan
This magic effect look very different, fascinating , just bought a set. Thanks for posting.
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
Quote:
On May 17, 2015, Michael Baker wrote:
I just picked up one at a flea market that has colored golf balls, not the typical colored wooden billiard balls. The tray has a rim, but not the rail like Abbott's. No idea who made it, but it does work just fine. I'll post a photo later.

Sounds like you have "The 19th Hole" from Daytona Magic.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
blackstone99
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of blackstone99
I have an old Abbott one. Started using it again. Amazing.

Paul
indysmagic
View Profile
New user
cherokee, tx
63 Posts

Profile of indysmagic
Here is my twist. I remove the balls and try to bounce them into the shot glass. I ask the college kids if that reminds them of anything? Beer Pong! Of course my wife and I don't drink so in college we came up with "kiss pong" I really liked the game and got pretty good at it so she had to make it tougher- she would secretly choose a ball and I had to make that particular one into the cup. Then she made it tougher and covered the shot glass with the larger glass. Then tougher - she covered the whole thing with a cloth! But "Where there is a will, there is a way!" I would always get the kiss! Twenty five years later and I've still got it!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great presentational hook!
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
I have Jack Hughes original one for sale
Kevini
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of Kevini
Quote:
On Nov 15, 2010, Pete Biro wrote:
AETAN BLOOM and JUAN Tamariz are on you tube doing a hilarious version. PM me if you would like to buy one that is custom-made far better than Abbott's quality.

Actually, those two hacks exposed the trick. Took less than a minute to find the video Pete Biro referenced.

Magnus Magic
Great Magic Makes Great Memories
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Abbott's "Hole-In-One" (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL