The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » My Incredible Scaling Invention (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
I discovered this the other night with a pack of Bicycles. All you do is take a stack of no more than 4 cards and hold them as if you were throwing one card and throw them. They will all shoot off at different angles it looks great. Trust me, I'm a magician.

Tom Smile
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
Not sure what good that would do a flourisher or a magician, unless you needed something for your kids to pick up. Smile

Cardjinx Smile
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
Hey I do that sometimes.
I can throw 5 cards ala boomerang and only 3 return to me. I tried a lot this flourish but is very dificult to do it.
Smile
In order to arrive at perfeccion
you must go through the failure
Japanese Thoughts
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
I'm sure I heard Ricky Jay say something about this - he threw three cards and on their return he caught one in his left hand, one in his right hand and one in his mouth.
Mark
inidyls
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
315 Posts

Profile of inidyls
I have to see it to believe it. Smile
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
Always a good way to select spects from the audience.
magiczak
View Profile
Regular user
Granada Hills, CA
159 Posts

Profile of magiczak
Just hope not to nail 'em in the head.....hehehe
**Zak**
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
Chad long does the catch thing. But it just isn't very impressive. At least not to me anyway.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I've thrown up to thirteen cards and CAUGHT ALL OF THEM ON THE WAY BACK!! One between each finger, one in my mouth, one behind each ear, and one on the back of my neck! *counts out loud* Oh, that's only 12. Well, anyway, I CAN throw thriteen cards at once, and it's pretty neat, but I can only do two boomerangs and catch them.
SEVEN
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of SEVEN
I am sure it's on Ricky Jay's Cards as Weapons, which have cards inbetween the fingers and throws them to different parts.

SEVEN
stache
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of stache
I have personally seen Chad Long do the three card throw and catch. It is very impressive but what is more impressive is when he whips a card about 15 feet in the air and catches it in the middle of the deck without even looking!!! Now that takes a lot of time and practice. There is one thing that is more impressive than that though, its his magic. Chad Long is awesome.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
As for legend, I heard it took Chad Long about 7 years to perfect the 3 cards catch... well, that's what I heard...

The more impressive thing that I've been getting down is to throw 4 cards aligned and boomerrang them back WITHOUT separating at all!
My friends spent some time finding out the limits of keeping doubles together... ;P

As for 4 cards splitting at different angles, you could use it to toss 4 Aces onto a table and they land apart -- possibly perfect set up. Or with precision and accuracy you could deal a card to 4 hands at ocne in a gambling routine!

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » My Incredible Scaling Invention (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL