The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » P and A Silks... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
As most silk workers know, the quality and reputation of the fine line of P&A silks goes without saying. Smile

However, finding them is sometimes another matter. Here is the official P&A silk site:

Click here for the official P&A Silk site!
Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
In accordance with what Steve said, I would highly recommend the investment of Peter White's silk video series. It's one of those "Anything you ever wanted to know about silks but were afraid to ask...." type deals. Peter White and I have had several dealings in the past, and he is very highly respected. I know that if you deal with him at a convention, he will not sell you anything that you cannot justify to him that you will actually use and/or need. He was aware of my competition act, but unaware of my American Flag show at IBM in Orlando last year, and when I asked him about Flag silks, he almost would not sell me any because he thought I would not use them. When he found out that I would actually use them, only then did he agree to sell me the silks. Now, how often do you run across someone like that?

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
P and A has great silks. I have also become impressed by the knowledge, and skill, of Duane Laflin when it comes to silk work. His silk products are pure silk,fine quality and at excellent prices as well.

quack
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
I agree that their silks are of very high quality, and also agree with the fact that Peter won't sell you anything without knowing if you will use it. I asked him about silk fountains and he said "what the heck are you going to do with a silk fountain?". His attitude seemed rather cocky to me but I guess if you get to know him he's a good guy.

-Corey
Corey King
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
I knew peter waaaay back in teh very early 80's at Lou Tannens Magic Camp. He came in, set up a lecture on silks and doves (he's a wonderful performer once I saw him) and picked up a shock book that some kids were passing around. He got shocked and packed up his stuff and left. It took years for me to get over this rather childish first impression. If you can wrap your mind around his personality, he makes great stuff.
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Smile
Corey King
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » P and A Silks... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL