The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Feedback for website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
After hassling with web designers, I went ahead and made a website myself. I need to add a mailing list sign-up and possibly a blog, but I would love some feedback on what I have done.

The site is designed to load fast and be very basic. I don't want any flash either.

Just the basic info.

Here is the url scottcomptonmagic.com

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Month 2
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Scott my brother,

Now I gotta start by saying I really appreciate your posts on the Café so I hope you in no way take anything I say about the site as negative towards you. I see a few issues with it but I criticize only to help enhance your clients web visit experience.

Some rules I have learned on the web include the fact that web surfers are lazy and want some eye candy right up front. Your site had basically NO photos. Clients want photos to keep their interest in exploring your site further.

Your video page is a tease and requires a password to see a video. MOST clients will move on instead of waiting for a password to proceed. Moving on to your competitions website is not something that YOU want them to do.

You are using... very basic primary colors in your site. This is very common in webpage building 101 and makes the site look not very professional.

Way too much text... remember... clients are lazy when it comes to reading. Give them less text and let them email you or call you for more into.

I'm just packing for a long road trip so can't comment further for a while. In the meantime if you want to explore some easy to build, free website options that will sell you well then do a google search for " Free web templates" You can browse many many designs, choose one you like and then simply swap your images for those in the site. Here is a sample site from dozens of them. http://www.templateyes.com/html-templates.htm

If you dive into it and find you still have questions I will be most happy to help you with any photos or editing assistance I can offer.

Gotta run, and thanks again for all those great posts of yours.

Best,

Tim
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Thanks Tim!

That is exactly the kind of feedback that I need!

Thank you my friend,

Scott

Month 2
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Feedback for website (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL