The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Celebracadabra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Go for it.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
zifferinolpm
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of zifferinolpm
This show just goes to show how anyone can throw a magic show together and be entertaining if they have enough money and talent as an entertainer. Here's a few things that you will, most likely, never see:

Celebra-juggling
Celebra-ventriloquism
Celebra-unicycling
Celebra-sharpshooting
Celebra-swordswallowing
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
Quote:
On 2008-07-11 00:21, zifferinolpm wrote:
This show just goes to show how anyone can throw a magic show together and be entertaining if they have enough money and talent as an entertainer. Here's a few things that you will, most likely, never see:

Celebra-juggling
Celebra-ventriloquism
Celebra-unicycling
Celebra-sharpshooting
Celebra-swordswallowing

Gott en himmel! I hope not
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Well, for Celebra-swordswallowing it will be a tie between Pam Anderson and Paris Hilton.
And on Celebra-sharpshooting it will be a tie between Robert Blake and Dick Cheney.

:rotf:

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
OUCH!!!! Smile
Magic is a vanishing art.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Two reasons I feel there was some dirty work going on during Celebracadabra.

1. In Episode One, Carnie Wilson attempted a version of Card Through Window with a signed card using what would have to be a method using a stooge.. it failed. When she did it again successfully, it was not a signed card. Does this mean a deliberate screw-up?

2. For the celebrities to vanish via the DeKolta Chair, they would have to be in on the method. Therefore, it is my theory that each celebrity knew he or she would be voted off ahead of time. And I am fairly sure they didn't all know the method prior to the show because when Carnie Wilson vanished, Ant audibly reacted to it.

Please note that I am uncertain of these theories, if anyone can disprove them please do.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Xaa
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Xaa
I know this is an old thread, but I just discovered these old episodes are currently available on Amazon.com and the first one is a free download.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein, What I Believe (1930)
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-06-16 03:51, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
And here is the DeKolta Chair vanish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gu2PZMgEjg

I was stunned once to see the DaKolta Chair Vanish in reverse.
In the musical "Merlin," the evil queen's wimpy son is setting up all the defenses to keep Merlin out.
Finally he walks up to his mother's throne (she's not in it.) states something along the lines of "We're completely sealed up!" and slaps the arm of the throne, at which point Merlin appears, falling onto the chair. (Notice, he does NOT come from the rafters, he just appears in the chair.) Henning also did the Gypsy Moth Vanish which was stunning. If it hadn't been live, I would have sworn it was camera effects.

As far as the vanish is concerned. I learned once that on "Apprentice" each week each contestant would do the walk of shame down the elevator and out the door. Then, when the person had been "fired" they would use that clip. Perhaps the same thing was going on here where each and every person got vanished and then they just used the one who'd been voted out.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
bostonzero
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, Ma
101 Posts

Profile of bostonzero
I absolutely love the Dakolta chair vanish! Thanks for the youtube posting Ed. I can't get enough of that vanish.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Quote:
On 2008-07-18 21:48, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Two reasons I feel there was some dirty work going on during Celebracadabra.

1. In Episode One, Carnie Wilson attempted a version of Card Through Window with a signed card using what would have to be a method using a stooge.. it failed. When she did it again successfully, it was not a signed card. Does this mean a deliberate screw-up?

2. For the celebrities to vanish via the DeKolta Chair, they would have to be in on the method. Therefore, it is my theory that each celebrity knew he or she would be voted off ahead of time. And I am fairly sure they didn't all know the method prior to the show because when Carnie Wilson vanished, Ant audibly reacted to it.

Please note that I am uncertain of these theories, if anyone can disprove them please do.

Since the thread has been resurrected (and I started watching these again last week), I'll attack these one at a time.

1. Simon Lovell explained in the Magic Newswire interview that he created the method for the show. Carnie Wilson explained in her interview that she shows it to visiting guests in her home. There are known methods for doing a signed card through window, some very clever that look like stoogery, but aren't.

2. The DeKolta Chair vanish was filmed in two shots. There is no tr** d*** (why am I filtering it, you all know what it is) on the Magic Castle palace stage. Jonathan Levit explained that in a Celebracadabra panel discussion at a convention a few months after the show aired.

Hurray for resurrecting old threads.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Speaking of resurrecting old threads.
Here it is 2015 and I just went through all the episodes in one day. My eyes are tearing.
I enjoyed it.
Ihor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Celebracadabra (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL