The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2008 entrée: Rick Maue » » Thanks Rick » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
I just want to publicly thank Rick for bringing magic and lectures to the Pittsburg area. Although with my busy schedule I usually can't make the events, I'm sure the others appreciate your effort. Thanks again....
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings Ray,

Thanks for the nice words. Although my schedule doesn't permit us to do more, Tammy and I try to bring as many lectures and events into the area as we can. It gives us a chance to spend time with our friends when they are out on the road--and more importantly, producing the events gives us the opportunity to give something back to the local magic community.

And for those in the area, look out for Bob Sheets when he hits Pittsburgh with his new lecture on May 28th.

Keep the change,
Rick
Check out what is happening at Deceptions Unlimited

www.deceptionsunlimited.com
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
I noticed on another post Bob was going to be in Pittsburgh. Was wondering who was bringing him in. Will definately have to try to be there. Just finished making up a batch of his Sheets stacks for him a few weeks ago.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
...and I would like to add my thanks for Rick's lecture in Memphis a couple of weeks ago. I had to leave before it was over, and the guys told me that I missed out on some good stuff. It was also one of the better attended lectures we've had in a while. I also want to thank you for something you didn't do...at no point in your lecture when I was there, did you look at me and ask the question, "Are you a magician?"

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Ray,

Tammy & I (a.k.a. Deceptions Unlimited) are bringing Bob to town, and he will be at the Monroeville Holiday Inn. It will be the final stop on his Double D Lecture Tour, which is a tour that is produced by my good friends Aaron DeLong and Jason Dean. In fact, that is the tour that I was just on when Margarette saw me in Memphis. (That was a fun night with a great group, but the rain was really intense.)

And to you Margarette, thanks for the nice words about my lecture--and yes, by leaving early you missed some of my new things that are really interesting. If you want to know about them, please feel free to call me and I will try to explain what you missed.

In regard to not asking if you were a magician, I remember looking at you and watching your reaction to the things that I was teaching, so I could tell that you were interested.

Thanks again, and take care.

Keep the change,
Rick

Tom Dobrowolski
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of Tom Dobrowolski
Great lecture in the Chicago area at Midwest Magic also. Got a lot of positive feedback from those who were there.The guys who happened to stop in (or for those of us who hang out at the shop)the Saturday after the lecture were privvy to some great discussions with Rick and David London. Look forward to seeing more at LVMI this June. Thanks Rick
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
I owe Rick a lot more than the Café Readers' patience permits as far as reading my thanks. Life gets hectic, but that doesn't mean that we forget the lessons we learn along the way even when we lose touch for a bit.

Thanks, Rick.

Chris
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Greetings Chris,

Believe me, you know me well enough to know that staying in constant touch is not really that important. Family is family, and you earned that title a long time ago my friend. Give a yell when you can.

Keep the change,
Rick

btedeski
View Profile
Veteran user
Pittsburgh PA
322 Posts

Profile of btedeski
Rick

I would also like to thank you for bringing quality lectures to the local area.
While your material does not fit my show, I have enjoyed and learned from your lectures and the lectures you have brought into Pittsburgh.

Take care, and see you around.
Billy The Clown
www.BillyTheClown.com

Bill Tedeski
Pittsburgh PA

Were magic is just too funny....
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
I will add to Margarette's comments about Rick's lecture in Memphis. It's one of the best I've attended in many years. You won't find anyone more willing to share his thoughts. He gives you the insight into the why's, and that is invaluable whether you perform his effects, or go off on your own tangent based on his work. I cannot recommend his lecture and materials more highly. I bought a bunch that night and am still studying it. Several pieces will definitely make it into my repetoire. I can't wait for Occam's Magic. Thanks, Rick.
Rick Maue
View Profile
V.I.P.
Pittsburgh, PA
586 Posts

Profile of Rick Maue
Magicmike,

Like I said before, I should hire you as my publicist. Smile Thanks again.

Keep the change,
Rick

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2008 entrée: Rick Maue » » Thanks Rick » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL