The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Deceptive Buildling (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Supriemer
View Profile
New user
South Bend, IN
50 Posts

Profile of Supriemer
I know there are already posts about this, but I did not find the an answer to a question I have. Who are good people to contact, or what are good materials to have when trying to make something deceptive (base). I know the basic idea of what to do, but anything I try is not that good, so I am asking for additional help. Thanks in advance!
"Kristopher Supriemer"

"Good things come to those who wait...but only what's left by those who hustle."
danieljsum
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of danieljsum
If you'd like to IM me with what you are attempting to build,I'll be glad to help if I can!
DanielJsum@aol.com
EddyRay
View Profile
Special user
United States Of America
525 Posts

Profile of EddyRay
Illusion work video's show exactly how to build a base, there are also many good books on the subject. PM me if you need any help.
Ed Smile
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
The modern bevel base has taken some nice twists since the Illusion works books were created. Some incredibly deceptive steps & bases have been built recently. We have a ton of modern sollutions for this, if you need help let me know, We'd be glad to lend a hand in some way.
Its up to you as a designer to PUSH the limit. Ride that fine line Find that envelope and shove it into something fantastic. With building deceptive bases its an art. I mean it really is.. Either you have the touch or you don't. My suggestion is find the bases that do look good. STUDY THEM, draw them, figure out how their deceptive and why.
Take those fundamentals. Take what works and push that limit, do something different. Its easier said than done but a valid suggestion. keep me posted on your progress I'd love to see what you got!

Good luck!

Regards,
Adamant Design & Fabrication
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Deceptive Buildling (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL