The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Sanada Ginmmick and Coins (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello,
I've recently been reviewing the Sanada Gimmick. I've also been contemplating it's use in coin magic. I've done some rudimentery research on it's' possible applications to coin magic, but have found, opinion wise, that it's not really practical. I've also read that it complicates things.

I'm not a novice, nor am I new to coin magic, but my question is this:

Is it really silly to even contemplate it's use in vanishes and productions of coins?
Does it just add one extra " gaff" to the equation and is totally impractical?
Could it be modified to say, vanish that last coin in a 3 Fly?

Let me know what you think. Good or bad.
Thanks,
Jim
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
No, yes & no and probably but why?

Other's opinions may vary!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Jim, you may want to get in touch with Corey Burke. he has some unpublished work with the use of the Sanada, coins/3fly.

Best,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Maybe a three fly with sponge coins....Smile
Wes
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Hey, if he got something working which serves him in his shows and have proved itself workable over time... more power to him and congrats Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
magicshayne
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of magicshayne
It is never silly to comtemplate something new or a new handling with something I would work on it and if it is impractical you havent lost anything if it works then maybe the whole world will be following you idea I say give it a shot and let us know how you get on
billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Recently,

I thought of some uses with this and a coin production. The genesis of this was an idea from a Martin Lewis DVD and I thought about using it in coin magic. However,I know the gimmick, just do not have one to try out it's practicality but I will, just to see, Smile. Cheers,

Bill
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
With all due respect, I think you're making a mistake to ask other magicians what you should or should not experiment with. Some of the best ideas started as stupid ideas. The only way to find out is try it yourself. So go for it!

Don't tell about your failures and show off your successes and you'll get a reputation for genius.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Folks,
Thanks for all the comments and advice so far. I appreciate it.
Jim
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Quote:
On 2008-05-02 18:09, jimmyj wrote:
Hello,
I've recently been reviewing the Sanada Gimmick. I've also been contemplating it's use in coin magic. I've done some rudimentery research on it's' possible applications to coin magic, but have found, opinion wise, that it's not really practical. I've also read that it complicates things.

I'm not a novice, nor am I new to coin magic, but my question is this:

Is it really silly to even contemplate it's use in vanishes and productions of coins?
Does it just add one extra " gaff" to the equation and is totally impractical?
Could it be modified to say, vanish that last coin in a 3 Fly?

Let me know what you think. Good or bad.
Thanks,
Jim

Jim,

Have you worked any thing out with this gimmick and coins?
Wes
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Wes,
Sorry-Had to put this project on the backburner. I'm currently working on variations of Coin Two, some Triple Threat ideas and waiting for Craig Petty's Mirage Coin set to arrive.
But thanks for asking and reminding me. I'll keep you posted when and if I come up with something worthwhile.

Take care,
Jim.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I'd like to jump in this discussion and say that I've found the Sanada Gimmick quite useful when it comes to coin magic. You can get some REALLY clean displays in your one coin routines, after vanishes and before productions. They are an excellent way to ring in a gimmicked coin(bent coin, karate coin, flipper and shell, sun and moon coin, etc.) while either holding a coin at the fingertips or showing the hand empty. Lately, I've been using the Sanada gimmick in conjunction with a misers dream routine with a glass that produces some great results. And we won't even get into all the EXTRA things you can do with Jay Scott Berry's Cloaking Device.....

Suffice to say, that the range of magic you can do with a Sanada Gimmick and some coins are only limited by your imagination. Those who say it will impede your progress haven't taken enough time to really work with the gimmick. But then again, as always, everyone has their own opinion, and are entitled to it. It just gives those of us who take use the gimmick to it's full potential will really appreciate it....

Good luck!!!! Tell us what you come up with once you've played with it!!!!!
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Eric,
Thanks for the comments and insights. I knew that this gimmick might have a place in coin magic, as you said, everyones entitled to their own opinions, and now, with you stating that you've used it successfully and there may be even more possibilities, I'm encouraged even more to persue it's possible uses. Once I get the Mirage Coin set out of my system, the Sanada gimmick and it's potential in coin magic are definately on the agenda.

Thanks for the encouraging words.
Jim
Wilber
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Wilber
If you guys take a look at the Sanada gimmick DVD by Toyosane Sanada, there are a couple of coin routines that are taught which are really good, and they use the Sanada.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I had a lot of fun practicing coin magic and Cups and Balls with a Sanada gimmick fitted with a rare earth magnet inside. It can conceal non-shimmed coins and attract coins through a glass or a cup.
Actually, in all fairness, I must credit Nicolas Night for the original idea, but his concept needed to be expanded and uses to be diversified.
I agree (once more) with Eric Jones. The Jay Scott Berry Cloaking device is also a nice direction for evolutions.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Quote:
On 2008-08-05 05:00, Lawrence O wrote:
The Jay Scott Berry Cloaking device is also a nice direction for evolutions.

Does the improvement made to Berry's Cloaking Device cause a sound problem when using with coin?
Wes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Sanada Ginmmick and Coins (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL