The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Clock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
I was wondering whether you'd considered having a clock at the top of the screen to show the current time in the US. That way, us people overseas could easily tell when a post was made by referring to the clock.

Just a suggestion

Mark
Mark Daniel
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Mark, the Café is in eastern standard time. At the top of each post is a statement with Posted:, the date and time the message was sent. Looking at this question, I can see you submitted it today May 13th at 6:30 AM US East coast time.
Where the magic begins
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Hi Dave

Thanks for your response. What I meant, I'll try to explain a little better. If I go to a topic and look at when the last post was made, I don't know what time it was made in relation to the current time in the US, if that makes sense. I thought maybe a live clock might be an idea for reference so I could look at the time the postwas made, compared to the live clock and realise it was made, say 20 minutes ago.

Maybe a daft idea but may help others too, I don't know.

Mark
Mark Daniel
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
OK, I think I understand. Using this as an example, your PM shows you posted it at 11:16 AM eastern time. A clock at the top of the forum right now would show 1:58 EST so you would know the post was made about 3 hours ago. Is that right?
Where the magic begins
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Eastern Standard time is -5 hours from Grenwich(spelling?) Meridian time. Also called UCT or Zulu in military. Eastern Daylight time is - 4 hours because Zulu never changes. Does that help you?

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Dave, yes that's exactly what I mean. It would just sometimes be easier for us foreign folk to work out how long ago it was made if there's a running clock. Just a thought.

Peter, that does help, can never remember what the time difference is when quickly looking.

Mark
Mark Daniel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Clock (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL