The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2008 entrée: Apollo Robbins » » Hey Apollo... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Just wanted to drop in and say Thank You for visiting and spending time with us here on the Café!

I've been a fan of yours since a bud of mine (who you know) Dustino from Bollivar, Mo, introduced me to your work...Dustin is also a pickpocket (inspired by you!) and a dang good one...

I'll always be a fan of you guys, but never a 'fellow'....I guess I just don't have the 'moxie' to pull it off (I've tried a couple times and got caught every time)...

Such is life, I do enough anyway (I'm a Singing, Juggling, Fire-Eating, Magical, Ventriloquist)....

I've been a fan of "The Real Hustle" since it first aired and REALLY appreciate your 'duel' purpose: Entertaining AND Educating....My favorite, although it wasn't 'magical' at all, was the one where you guys set up the 'Skin/Hair Care' booth and basically sold those folks GARBAGE...

Just goes to show how gullible the general populace can be and it's very refreshing to see guys like you doing something to put a stop to it by giving the masses the 'wake up call' that your show provides.

So again, thank you! And keep on keeping on....

If you are ever in Branson, look me up and we'll go have a pint.

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
Apollo
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
77 Posts

Profile of Apollo
Thank you for the invitation. I do get down to Branson every couple of years. Do you work in a show currently?
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Looking forward to it!

Starting at the end of this month I'll be working as a "Strolling Entertainer" at the Branson Landing...They have quite a few 'static' performers (balloon twisters, musicians, a couple of Magicians), but I'll be more of a 'Image Character' doing my 'thing'....Magic, Vent, Juggling, Voices, etc...Up and down the boulavard (reminds me of a song...lol)

Come on down, steal a couple watches and then we'll hoist a pint at Waxy O'Shea's!

Prof. Piper
Apollo
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
77 Posts

Profile of Apollo
Sounds like a fun time. Do you know Mike Bliss? We used to juggle together when we were young.
Lucas Walker
View Profile
Regular user
Missouri
125 Posts

Profile of Lucas Walker
Last I heard Mike Bliss was in a Northern state with his wife who was a dancer at a show I worked. Lex Pearson still lives in the area if that rings a bell.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Yeah, I know Mike...He's still here in Branson. He's dancing in a Cajun-Connection show at SDC during KidsFest...Awesome guy, think a lot of Mike....

So you juggle too, huh Apollo??

Just another reason to like you!

Prof. Piper
Apollo
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
77 Posts

Profile of Apollo
My juggling peak was at the age of 17. Devil sticks, contact, diablo, unicycling, fire-eating and a decent 5 ball routine. Later, I left that behind to focus on my pickpocketing and magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May 2008 entrée: Apollo Robbins » » Hey Apollo... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL