The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card Warps (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicleo
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicleo
Hi All,
I've been performing David Ren Jenkins' version of "Warp One" for some time and was wondering if there were any other sources for different types of card warps thatI could perform (not to say Mr. Jenkins' version is bad, only saying that it would be nice to do different/more warps). Websites, videos, books- I'm too picky about the source. If you could help out it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I have a one card three phase torn and restored card effect
called "warped and restored" which was release years befor warp one.
pm me ill send a demo
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Try the search engine here first before posting a thread. Anyhow, I've done the work for you this time: You should find everything you need here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4216867
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
magicleo
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicleo
Thanks for letting me know. Even though I've been here a while, I haven't been all that active and am still getting into the groove of things here.
Thanks for your help.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Will everyone PLEASE learn a lesson from todsky? He gently but firmly pointed out the utility of the search engine without putting the questioner down. That's the way to handle it. Well done, todsky!
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Greg,

L&L Publishing has a Card Warp Compilation DVD that shows some excellent versions. More than you will ever need!

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/card-warp-......522.html
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
I think you would do well looking at the other versions of card warp. Warp One is very novel, but it looks like what it is, you use your hands to do the magic. In Card Warp, there is a second card, wrapped around the first. This is a barrier for you to "manipulate the card." Card One removes this unspoken, yet understood barrier.

The L&L DVD is definately the way to go if you want to look for a starting point of the effect. Then take the time to look for other references that will be mentioned during the explinations.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Hey, Jeff Pierce...
What's the latest news on your upcoming Warp encyclopedia?

In the meantime, Vinny's Warped & Restored (from his Top Gun DVD) is terrific, as is Brian Cook's ReWarped. My personal favorites (aside from the original) are Howard Schwartzman's Star Warp (from Apocalypse) and Michael Close's Dr. Strangetrick (from Workers).
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I'll be posting a review of Paul Greene's Card Warp Finale..
Thanks,
Tom
triplemagic92
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of triplemagic92
Ellusionist.com has a card wrap which is pretty versitle and looks veryy good. I believe it is called "voodoo".
Loggerhead
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Loggerhead
Bruce Cervon's handling of Warped II.
HJE - Walker, Minnesota
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
Check out Dominatricks by Tyler Wilson. He has a method for make the center of the card dissappear after it warps.
doulos
View Profile
New user
Fort Worth, TX
61 Posts

Profile of doulos
I'd give a vote for the WGM series for Card Warp put out by L&L also. The two versions I liked the best of there are Ammar's and Burger's. Ammar's use of a dollar bill provides a great twist to the effect. Burger's storyline is hard to beat with the use of the large cards.

-Shoop
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
L&L had a tape.
mackinley
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of mackinley
I'll second Tyler Wilson's version. His is absolutely ingenious. Instead of just trying to make it more convincing, he managed to add a whole new level of impossibility to it. His cleanup is brilliant as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Card Warps (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL