The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A Review-Silver Shifter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
In the mail today I recieved my long awaited Silver Shifter coin device/ gimmick. It arrived in a nice baggie, with the cover page of the instructions at the front, all nicely printed on high quality paper. I early opened up the baggie, and inside was the silver shifter and all the necessary accessories.

As I held the silver shifter in my palm, I truely took a double take, at what I had just spent my money on. I seriously thought to myself, why I had bought it. But, I am not a downer, so I peered inside the instructions. First, I read the basic routine, then the routiens submitted by other people. And then I relized how versitile and how wonderful this gimmick is. I agree with all the others when they say that it is the best new coin gimmick in a long time. Instantly thoughts and ideas came from my brain. Soon, I had created two great effects, that are amazing. Not only does this coin make a pretty visual coin bend, but it makes super clean vanisehs and reproductions as well. Here are two of the ideas I came up with:

1. You show a card. You hold the card very nimbly with only your thumb and forefinger at the very edge. You show both hands completly open. Fingers spread WIDE, and palm shown and back of hand. The reason your hands look so clean, is because truely there is nothing there. You set the card face down on your palm and instantly lift it up, producing a half dollar.

2. You show a half dollar and set it on a card. You tilt the card over sliding the coin into your hand. You open up your hand, and the coin is gone. Again you are holding the card by the edge with only two fingers. Then you lay the card down again, and BOOM there is the coin.

I LOVE THIS GIMMICK!!!

Bottom line: I strongly recommend this trick. I really do think that there are so many wonderful ideas here. Get it, and get it now, so that your friends won't be fooling your pants off with the silver shifter.

P.S. Also, for those that have it, what about adding something extra to your coin in pen cap routine.

Smile
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
OK, I really have to get this now.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Agreed, Ben. It really is a wonderful, versatile, completely original idea!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
me too, I was just on the edge, now I've gotta get it.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I really want to get this.

My one question: Can the Spectator handle the coin when its bent?

I will order this tuesday.

Smile
Arlen
View Profile
Regular user
Keith Arlen Lack
143 Posts

Profile of Arlen
Yes Jeff,

The coin is handed out for inspection. It is a part of the routine.
Happy Conjuring,

Keith Arlen Lack
530-221-7324
www.arlenstudio.com
elushinz
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Orlando
132 Posts

Profile of elushinz
I ordered the coin purse o fire from hocus today and about one hour after reading your posts decided what better coin to go into my flaming coin purse than the shifter. Anyone order or have this from rick haslett??
"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be f@#d up."
Mitch Hedburg
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
It's a nasty little thing isn't it?!
Hehehehe. Once in a long while you will find true genius and this is it. So much you can do with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » A Review-Silver Shifter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL