The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Paul Green's Card Warp Finale (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

truckbonner555
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of truckbonner555
Does anyone know anything about this DVD and if it's worth it? I've always loved card warp, but felt that the ending is wierd and kinda... unsatisfying. How different is Paul's ending?
-Alex
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, MS
589 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
There is already a thread regarding this topic:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111
mackinley
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of mackinley
I'm not familiar with Paul Green's ending, but I can tell you that Tyler Wilson has a great routine for Card Warp in his book, Dominatricks. Not only does he add a second phase, which adds a heckuva lotta visual-ness and mindboggling-ness to the original Card Warp, but he has a great ending that cleans up, without appearing to be a cleanup.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I never heard of Tyler Wilson but the new season of Smallville looks like there's going to be some cool changes and new faces.

What are we going to do with less Lex - but at least Chloe's supposed to be back. Is the DVD set out for this last season yet?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Terry Screen
View Profile
Regular user
Zhejiang China
106 Posts

Profile of Terry Screen
Quote:
On 2008-06-12 17:26, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
I never heard of Tyler Wilson . . .

Shame on you.
Mike M
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Mike M
My one critique of this version is that all the mystery is taken away. When I first saw card warp I wondered what could possibly be happening inside of that folded card. With this version, you are shown exactly what has happened-- half the card managed to turn over.

This now becomes a puzzle, because I now know how the trick is done, but I just don't know how he managed to flip half of that card.

I prefered not knowing what was going on inside of that card. I liked the mystery of not seeing inside.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Fair criticism. This is not for everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

Regards,

Paul Green
chicane
View Profile
Elite user
New Zealand
465 Posts

Profile of chicane
Mike M, I think you are thinking too much like a magician. I have been performing Paul Green's ending since he shared it with me at a New Zealand convention some years ago. I find with lay people it kills. You can think of it as a card version of Billy McComb's half dyed hank. I find that the ending is very puzzling to lay people, and that's what counts. I have not see Paul's recent DVD but presume nothing has changed too much over the years.
FORCE 4 - a TOOL FOR MENTALISTS - OUT NOW

http://www.nzmagic.com/magicshop2015.html
ladirector
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of ladirector
Green did a good job on this, I like the ending.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Paul Green's Card Warp Finale (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL