The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Turning sin into water... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lee Davies
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
136 Posts

Profile of Lee Davies
I've tried a search to no avail...

Could somebody please inform me on how I can turn sin (red food colouring) back into clear water (life before sin entered the world Genesis chapter 3) using 'safe' household chemicals?

Thanks in advance.
I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand...
Andrew
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Andrew
Lee,

I'm not certain if any chemicals exist to change the red food coloring into clear water. However; the effect I perform allows me to mix India ink with water, thus implying that what was once pure has been polluted. After some more patter; I cover the glass with a handkerchief, pull it away and the glass is again filled with clear water (and a goldfish).
The effect is an old one and requires no chemicals.
I don't recall the book from which I learned this miracle, but if you are interested I am certain someone here may remember. (Or the effect may even be offered by a dealer...however, I have altered the original somewhat to make it a little more convincing.)

Andrew
Andrew
Professional Provider of Wonderment!
www.andrewsfamilymagic.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
How about Oxy Clean? It sems to clear up the water on the commercials.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Lee Davies
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
136 Posts

Profile of Lee Davies
Many thanks csgaa, and Living Illusions.

God bless.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I have seen a very effective illustration using a mirror glass with a red silk in one side.

You can show the red. Turn the glass to show the red gone, and the clear showing. And then pour out clear water. With reasonable care to the handling and angles, it works nicely.

And you can even make putting the Red silk into the glass - a visible illustration of the sin going into an "earthen vessel" - us. (Glass is made from sand, and sand is earth....I don't think it is too much of a stretch...) And yet God can make us white as snow. And then after stuffing the red silk in, it will be all the more amazing that you can pour a liquid out.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Lee Davies
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
136 Posts

Profile of Lee Davies
Thanks for the great idea, BroDavid. I will look into this. Smile
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Can't you just use the good old chemistry indicator, phenothalein? It turns red in an acid solution, clear in a base. Add a little liquid soap (base) to a mildly acid solution (say, diluted vinegar) and the phenothalein should go from red to clear. No?

0pus
impossible man
View Profile
Elite user
403 Posts

Profile of impossible man
I used to use phenol in my chemistry set. I think once it reacts, it's done, and you have to start with fresh phenol. However, a pool water test kit would be a cheap way to find out.
Dean Gilbert
Impossible Man
www.impossibleman.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Turning sin into water... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL