The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Amazing thing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bravesaint
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
95 Posts

Profile of bravesaint
I hardly ever post at the Café, but recently I went to Sucre Bolivia. I didn't go there to do illusions, I went to do children's ministry. Well, the pastor I went with got sick, so I had to teach a Sunday school seminar. It went well, even though the people were like 2 times my age. (I'm 17). Well, now for the illusion part: I used things like flash paper and a lot of object lessons (for both children and adults). I'm pretty sure they liked it, because I have been invited back to do more illusions (by like 15 people). That was the first performance in front of a large group I have done. It is amazing to me how much God used me.

I just want to say "reach out to as many as you can who will listen". I learned that God can totally get you through whatever you are going through; for me it was the utter fear of going in front of so many people. Does anybody else have or have had this?
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
God opens doors, and sometimes it's when we least expect it. Good Job!
bravesaint
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
95 Posts

Profile of bravesaint
Man, and I learned it the hard way.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
bravesaint:
That's fantastic, you go for it.
Darkwing is right, God opens doors all the time.

Sometimes we are too busy, or occupied with other (actually less important) things to notice; and sometimes we have a sense that they are there, but are either scared to take the risk, or just have a feeling of uncertainty about the whole thing.

However; if we will just do it and jump in with both feet, like you did, God will see us through it and bless that effort.

Continue to "Press toward the mark."

Godspeed.
steve
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Awesome story! It's amazing what God can do when we let Him. The more you do it, the more you realize that it's not about you or me. It's about God working through us; when we let Him do that, wonderful things can happen. Keep up the good work, and keep on praying that God uses you in whatever way He can. You'll find that you'll always be busy reaching others for Him!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
That is great friend!

Sometime we need to just get out of God's way, or at least slow down long enough to let God be Out Front!

I have a good friend, a paster who has been going to El Salvadore building a church for two weeks at a time, over the last six months.

The last time he went, they didn't have an interpreter available. And the crowds just started growing as folks wondered what they were doing, so my friend took out his D'Lites and after a few minutes of a silent routine, the crowd settled in, and his 12 year old son, who has recently been taking Spanish, acted as an interpreter, (And of course God was really the one who spoke to the hearts) and 10 people were saved that night!

Just when we start thinking that we have to do it this way, or that way, God shows us what it is like by doing it HIS way. Even when we are afraid, as my friend was, that no one would understand the message, God provided a way, and made it understandable.

Not through a Bible scholar's powerful preaching, but by some little red lights, and a 12 year old boy's limited understanding of Spanish....

What an awesome God we serve!

Keep making yourself available, and keep sharing the encouraging words!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
bravesaint
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
95 Posts

Profile of bravesaint
Thanks broDavid, I enjoyed your story, D-lites are fun.
I just want everyone to know that my reputation is growing both at my church and in Bolivia, in another year or two I will go back and do some more magic.
I have learned so much from just letting God use me.
God bless -Bravesaint Smile
WVMAGIC
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of WVMAGIC
You asked has anybody else gone through this? I was a music major in college. I was stricken by stage fright many times. I tried doctor prescribed drugs(beta-blockers) and different modes of thinking. It was only through prayer that my stage fright was removed. Congrats and keep up the gospel magic.
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
That was a very good job Bravesaint. I can't imagine what it would be like to break through a Language barrier like that. The furthest I have gone is Jamaica, and they also speak English, so it wasn't that hard when I had to get on stage and do some acting for them. But God broke down the language barrier and worked his awesome "magic". That is what makes our God so mighty.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
bravesaint
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
95 Posts

Profile of bravesaint
Very true.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Bravesaint -
Thanks for the reminder to see the forest and not just look at every tree.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Amazing thing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL