The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2003 entrée: Nathan Kranzo » » who influenced your magic the most Nate? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Hey hey Nate...
first off: great stuffs you have there my friend. I got your Outside the box. it absolutely floored me... your stuffs rank very high in my book...

just curious, which legendary magician influenced you the most? And if you have to choose ONE book as your N.1 recommendation, which one would you choose?

ps: in your opinion, who's better? you or Asher?

LOL ......

later nate
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hey Nash!

Thanks for the kind words. I have been influnced by so many great magicians its hard to point out one. Paul Harris of course.....as well as David Williamson.

Jim Pavlica was the first guy I saw do hard core sleight of hand in person. He fried me. He was also a great influence on creative thinking. I think the main thing I got from Jim was that If I practice the right way and practice often I can achieve anything.

Great question.

Best,

nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
I forgot to answer your other questions!

Lee Asher is way better at Card Magic, but I challenge him to a COOK OFF any day!

I'm still thinking about an answer for the "one book" question.

Later,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Nathan,
You made an interesting comment about practicing the "right way". Could you elaborate on this?
Ed
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hi Ed,

Great question.

I can't remember who said it but...

"Practice doesn't make perfect, PERFECT practice makes perfect."

If you practice a technique, and you don't practice it correctly you could be moving in the opposite direction which can be very frustrating.

Practicing for speed isn't always good either. Of course some techniques require speed to enhance the illusion, but most don't. Making it look smooth, and natural is much more important.

"For every day you don't make progress you digress."

- Jason Trigg

Best,

Nathan

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2003 entrée: Nathan Kranzo » » who influenced your magic the most Nate? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL