The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2002 entrée: Reed McClintock » » The Matrix » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Hi Reed: What are your thoughts on coin/card matrix routines? Do you believe they are still viable for entertaining the general public, or have they become something for magicians to do for other magicians?
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Excellent question.

I believe this is a highly entertaining piece of magic.

You know it's funny to watch magicians do this trick for each other, all of the different combinations of making coins go from card to card. Yet we will all react as if we had no idea how it was done.

We may not know one of the variations so we are fooled. I believe this is a great magic effect for the people in the public, because when done correctly it feels magical.

Remember the first time you ever saw it done? Imagine the impact of a real spectator who has no idea about magic.
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
Thanks for your insight. Glad we could have the good fortune to have you spend time at the Cafe.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
thank you for having me Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2002 entrée: Reed McClintock » » The Matrix » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL