The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Magic to help at work (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nike103103
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of nike103103
Wasnt sure if this was put in the right place. I work for verizon wireless selling phones. Any suggestions on magic that would work on a customer when they come in looking at phones? Our sales have been low so I thought maybe using some magic that it would help with our sales. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I'm really surprised no one had responded!

Are you new to magic?
Or are you asking for tricks with or about phones?

Mike
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Extreme Burn is easy and very impressive in these types of settings.

Jim
nike103103
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of nike103103
Quote:
On 2008-10-10 00:44, Michael Peterson wrote:
I'm really surprised no one had responded!

Are you new to magic?
Or are you asking for tricks with or about phones?

Mike

No I have been doing magic almost ten years now. Not necesarly just tricks with phones, I mean that would be awesome but magic to help with sales and maybe how to present it.
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Nike:

"Toss The Broad" using your business cards and show how competitors hook clients into a game they can't win. Of course, with Verizon, clients ALWAYS win...

Leland
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The magic of personality.

Maybe a Devil's Hankerchief could be of some use.
Wipe down some phones and POOF one disappears.

Color changes???
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2008-10-16 18:46, Jaz wrote:
The magic of personality.

Maybe a Devil's Hankerchief could be of some use.
Wipe down some phones and POOF one disappears.

Color changes???

WOW, Jaz-that's a great avatar!!!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Jaz ALWAYS has the greatest avitars! I agree that extreme burn is a super powerful effect. I was at a "Party City" store today, looking for balloons for Mark Jenest's Billoon. The girls behind the counter were so helpful at helping me find the right balloon type, that I showed them extreme burn. They freaked! I mean really freaked. I'm not sure this will help sell cell phones, but it will make them think of you when they are ready to buy!
Sammy J. Teague
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Anything magic effect that puts your business card in their hands will work and they will KEEP the card too, not discard it once they leave.
magicianroger
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of magicianroger
Do a money trick show them how they can save with your Co.
8thking
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of 8thking
Doesn't matter what trick you do as long as you connect and build rapport and they warm to you. You don't even have to do magic for that to happen.
Jesus is alive:
Living proof you can’t keep a God man down
closeupmgic12
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of closeupmgic12
Tricks for businesses have to be suprising and unpredictable I would agree with Jaz a devil's hanckercheif
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
Try any trick with a prediction.

Instead of writing the prediction down on a piece of paper, text the prediction to a model of phone that you're trying to sell. At appropriate time to reveal the prediction, have *them* get to the text message from the main menu of the phone. Talk about how great the phone is for messaging. Say, we offer unlimited messaging for a low monthly fee...
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
When in the field, I used magic all of the time. Black & White surprise was a wonderful way to step back from exaggerated competitive comparisons of superiority. I'm simply ask the customer to hold that thought and set up our own comparative study concluding with the point that things aren't always as they appear but what my competitors simply want them to see. Extreme Burn, Mismade bills, fire wallets, ropes, linking pins, cards .... it all works wonderfully. I would rarely set it up too strongly and prefer to let the routine happen as I emphasized a key positioning point.

I often use MOABT or die predictions in sales training programs. For MOABT, I'll have three people select words or with die predictions, I'll perform it 3 times. I'll ask the audience, "If I were to repeat this a 4th time, how many think I'd get it correctly? How is this any different when you present information to a customer? The first time they are curious; the second time, you've got them thinking; and the 3rd time you've likely changed their beliefs." ... this is basic selling.

For the past 13 years, my day job has been more of a marketing/management position, I still commonly use magic in most of my speaking engagements. I'm careful to build a routines that support my key point. When done well, it is key to an entertaining and poignant presentation while hopefully building my image as an innovative and competent professional.

I hope that helps.
Dan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Magic to help at work (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL