The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card effects with a fourtune-telling theme.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I am looking for routines like Quick Coincidence and Gypsy Curse that intermix card magic with fourtune-telling. Also I am open to any ideas you may have.

Rick~
Self concept is destiny..
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I haven't seen it in a while, but "The Temple of Shiva" by Lennart Green would probably fit the bill. That's a wild trick. It's on one of the Green Magic DVD's but I don't remember which.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
There's a great trick by Bob Neale, I think it's called the Plague. It uses a deck of Tarot cards and is pretty spooky. Also David Parr has an EXCELLENT trick about werewolves in his book Brain Food.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I believe there's an item called "Tell My Fortune" in the Close-Up Card Magic section of LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, VOL. 1. HL
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
I do have the book Brain Food and as I was looking thru it..the routine Future Shock looks promising. Thanks for bringing up Mr. Parr's book.
Self concept is destiny..
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
There's a nice routine on Jorg Weber's FFFF Lecture notes.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Look up Simon Aronson's Past, Present and Future in Simply Simon: it uses a memorized deck and it's a killer.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
This is a possibility:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUZ3U-5ACWE&feature=channel

But with playng cards, if you can find it, John Mendoza's "A Reading" from the Mendoza Series of Personal Instruction is a showcase effect.

As a coincidence effect, a routine based on the latter, "Cards of Coincidence" is one of the best routines in the recent Nick Trost book.

Paul.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
David Parr also has The Game of Life and Death. Not exactly fortune telling but a game with the devil where your future is determined....
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
I'd also suggest doing some reading up on Fortune telling with cards, With a little knowledge you can add in some fortune elements to any trick.
Merlyn
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Merlyn
There is a chapter called Future Shocks in the upcoming Little Egypt Book of Ghosts that covers several entertaining schemes for telling fortune with cards. (These include an expanded version of the "60-Second Card Reading" that appeared and found favor in The Little Egypt Book of Numbers.) That said, Harry Lorayne is correct; it's hard to top the routine he mentioned from Classic Collection I.
merlin5150 II
View Profile
Elite user
Aurora, IL
414 Posts

Profile of merlin5150 II
Deep Astonishment II, Paul Harris
Tim Sutton
View Profile
Elite user
Tim Sutton AIMC, London UK
461 Posts

Profile of Tim Sutton
Another vote for Simon Aronson's Past, Present, Future - a real miracle.

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card effects with a fourtune-telling theme.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL